Back Contusion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by WorldChampTKD, Jan 20, 2004.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

I got kicked in the stomach and flew backwards and someones knee went into my back. I was bad, i couldn't move and i was in the ER for hours and hours. I'm on some medicines now, and i can walk, but it kills, any suggestions?

2. MichaelV

MichaelV New Member

Take more pain pills, rest . . . maybe some heat or even light activity / stretching, although you should defer to your doctor's advice instead of mine.

3. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Thanks. I know i should listen to a doctor, but sometimes people in martial arts have better ideas...thanks, I'm on Vicoden and I have a brace thing you throw in the microwave, so hopefully this'll get better as quick as possible, i hate being out of comission! Thanks, see ya :)

4. MichaelV

MichaelV New Member

Did your doctor give you any idea how long it would be before you could start training again? You might want to take up another hobby for a while to keep your mind occupied. Study a foreign language, learn to knit, play a lot of video games, or something.

Good luck with your recovery and future training.

5. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

get lots of rest... take time off of m/a. make sure to take your medicine that your doctor prescribed. also, if you need to visit the doctor some more. ya i agree some light strectching might help loosen up the stiffness if any. and ibuprofen!!! will help cure the pain some.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Yeouch!

Before you follow TigerAnsTKDLove's suggestion .... I wouldn't mix your meds with Ibuprofen .... whatever your doctor prescribed for the pain should suffice and you should never mix 2 medications unless you ask your doctor as they can have detrimental effects.

As far as stretching..... if it is a back contusion then I would limit any further activity until you doctor says ok... that goes for stretching too.

The best advice given so far.... rest up!