Azumi

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by DJHalliB, Feb 20, 2004.

1. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

Has anyone seen it?

This movie is by soo far the best sword-fighting movie I've seen. Not much of a plot (who cares anyway) but way up there on the cool scale.

Its about a group of 10 children raised by a former soldier and sword master to use as assassins to prevent war between different japanese factions. Azumi is the name of the best sword fighter. KillBill and Last samurai werent half as good as this one. (Yeah, I'll admit I havent seen many sword movies)

2. jediraven

jediraven Valued Member

azumi is the hottest woman on the planet

i'd give my very soul for just one kiss...

3. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Her name is Aya Ueto. Decent singer, decent actress, but hot as hell...

4. AhmedG

AhmedG New Member

the first movies ok, the second one is just not worth watching

5. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

i agree with you there, the second film has a differant director and is not a very good movie. don't bother with it

6. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Yeah, it sucks...but hey, it's got Aya Ueto AND Chiaki Kurayama in it!

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Azumi was good, but there are so many amazing Samurai films out there for you to discover, here are a few:
    Seven Samurai (or any of Akira Kurosawa's epics)
    Lone Wolf and Cub Series (old Samurai who travels around on many missions with his little boy in a cart, many excellent blood spurting moments!)
    Zatoichi - the original series about the blind swordsman, the Takeshi Kitano remake was excellent too.
    Lady Snowblood- one of the films that inspired Tarantino
    Twilight Samurai - moving story
    Gohatto - Takeshi Kitano's take on the lives of Samurai
    When the Last Sword is Drawn

I love Samurai films! So many brilliant ones, of which unfortunately Azumi II isn't I'm afraid! Have probably left many out too!

8. AhmedG

AhmedG New Member

All excellent movies, dont forget Yojimbo! the "inspiration" for a Fistfull of Dollars

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yes, it's fantastic too. I'm thinking that Red Beard may be my favourite (that is subject to change though!)

10. AhmedG

AhmedG New Member

i dont think i've seen red beard, Ran would probably be my favourite

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's excellent. Mifune is a doctor, rather than a Samurai, but is interesting to see him playing a different role later in life. It's definitely worth a watch.

12. AhmedG

AhmedG New Member

cool al have to check that out