Awesome Martial Art Quotes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ColdFire, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

There are two pains in life, the pain of self-dicipline or the pain of regret.

2. lordtains

lordtains New Member

"Smart, Knowledgeable and Wise. One by birth, one through study and the last one just takes time..."

"There is no race, no competition, no test. There is only learning."

"Assuming is the road to naivete."

"Make your own path with your own rules, only then will your life bow to YOU."

"Those who are posessed by nothing, posses everything." -Morihei Ueshiba

3. slide

slide Valued Member

"Peace.
    It does not mean to be in a place were there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.
    It means to be in the mist of those things and still be clam in your heart."

4. rusilja

rusilja Valued Member

Learn to heal before you kill
    *me ^^

5. pecks

pecks Valued Member

My favourite:
    "A belt covers two inches of your ass...it's up to you to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie

6. devappy

devappy Valued Member

I like this one alot.If you laugh while fighting someone they will think you're crazy.

7. Axelator

You missed the point.

8. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

:D :D :D

Nice one Axelator ;)

9. devappy

devappy Valued Member

no I didn't miss the point,I think it is very true,I use to think about that alot when I was training but I never put in words like this.

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

In youth we learn, in age we understand

11. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

"You want to fight? It'll hurt!!" Toshiro Mifune in Yojimbo.

regards koyo

12. Axelator

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield."

It's an anology it's not mean to be taken literally. Like "Don't whip a dead horse" if that was taken literally it wouldn't apply to alot of people. It's an anology for a life lesson.

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield." Means train hard in the dojo so when you fight it will be easy. It doesn't literally mean laugh when your fighting to freak out your opponent.

13. SonOfGrimmy

SonOfGrimmy Valued Member

14. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Even if his technique is unsophisticated..it is the one with the strongest fighting spirit who shall prevail. Nobutsuna.

You can fight on with a broken bone but it is over the instant your spirit is broken.
    er koyo

regards koyo

15. divine spiral

divine spiral shiiiiiiiiiiiiii-zack!!

break the pain barrier or it will breal you

16. Birmingham

Birmingham Valued Member

attack with sympathy and win. defend with sympathy and stand strong.

17. sympathy07

sympathy07 Valued Member

18. Wizwar31

Wizwar31 Valued Member

“when you return from battle, you will either bear your shield or be borne upon it.”
    - Creed of the Spartan Infantry

19. AussieJKDguy

AussieJKDguy Valued Member

We are all climbing different paths through the mountain of life, and we have all experienced much hardship and strife. There are many paths through the mountain of life, and some climbs can be felt like the point of a knife. Some paths are short and others are long, who can say which path is right or wrong? The beauty of truth is that each path has its own song, and if you listen closely you will find where you belong. So climb your own path true and strong, but respect all other truths for your way for them could be wrong.

~ Dan Inosanto

20. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

“Karate has no philosophy. Some people think that the tradition of Karate came from Buddhism and Karate has a connection with the absolute, space and universe, but I don’t believe in that. My philosophy is to knock my opponent out, due to the use of only one technique. One finishing blow!” – Mikio Yahara