Authentic applied taiji

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Fire-quan, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Heh...

I put mine in a goldfish bowl thinking, well, I can always move them to something bigger when they out grow it - possibly the bath. And then maybe I could secretly rig up a pool or something in the attic, and feed them on neighbours' cats.

In reality you need a magnifying glass to see them, and I'm not sure what the difference is between them being alive and simply re-hydrated.

However, that disappointment pales in to insignificance compared to my first pair of X-ray specs. How on earth did they get away with adverts that showed a boy looking through a girl's dress to her underwear? And did anyone else wonder why girl's underwear seemed to be impervious to x-ray spec vision? WHy is that? Are they lead lined or what?

But all was made better when I received my first pair of Chuck Norris patented "action jeans" with expandable gusset piece. A marketing classic.

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Do you have a photo of you wearing these?? :eek:

(FQ...It is your fault I've gone silly..... I am still sniggering at your "suckering off sailors")

However, I now know that sea monkeys = brine shrimp...:evil:

3. old palden

old palden Valued Member

You've convinced me boys. I've spent the last couple of days reading Fire Quan's post's, and grappling with the truth. I meditated, I fasted and I prayed. I sat myself down as resolute as Sakyamuni under the Bodhi tree, and the great light dawned.

Like Saul on the road to Damascus I was struck down and blinded by the brilliant light of the truth; by the blazing glory of his burning fists, and I rose from my thunderstruck proneness as a true believer.

I'm awakened! I'm converted! Glory, Glory I have finally seen the error of my ways, my own internal and unconscious prevarication, my own resolute idiocy, my own insistence that the Emporer was draped in glory when in fact he strutted nude down the boulevard!

I am humbled, yet exhilirated. My illusion ripped asunder by the keen insight, the sharp truth of sagacious Fire Quan, who cut through my egoistic delusion with verbiage wielded like Manjusri's sword.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will spend however many lifetimes it takes dedicated to the accumulation of merit necessary to someday, sit at his feet and bask in his glorious insight. I hope someday to understand his transcendent wisdom in its fullness, though it comes down like a rain of blessings from a level of illumination I am not even worthy to aspire to. Because I am at far too low a level to grasp its fullness, it seems free from the constraints of logic and common sense, yet I can know that it is good.

Fire Quan is the embodiment of humility, honesty, respect, generosity and insight. He is the exemplar of all that others strive for in their practice of gung fu. He is the singular paragon of Wu De.

I see it, and I cast aside my old ways of seeing, thinking and believing in hopes of becoming a vessel worthy to receive the truth.

To anyone who doubts these words.... to anyone who questions my sincerity I quote my new Sifu's teachings. "Mirror, mirror." "Evil twin," And, "You can assassinate my character all you want. You've grabbed a tiger's tail and I'll bottle up all of the negativity you direct at me. I'll hold it on the inside. I'll let it feed my violent rage such that you can never meet my eyes."

All hail The Glorious Flaming Fists of Fire Quan. Bow to his wisdom....

Thank you, thank you, amen.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Or you know, he might just be right about the video and standards of proof like people are actually suggesting.

5. old palden

old palden Valued Member

I'm sure that's what I said.

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Just send cash.

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Of course - I was the original UK model.

[​IMG]

8. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

You've missed the point old chap. No one is proclaiming FQ as the Messiah ... 'cause there is none. But he (usually) reasons meticulously and (thankfully) straight to the point.

[Rave on=my_own_little_hissy_fit]
    You mention gong-fu, FWIW I don't practice gong-fu or taiji for that matter because Pu-tong-hwa is not my language. Kulo tiang Jawi, lan bosoku boso Jawi ... dan bahasa Indonesia juga bahasaku :hat: (I'm Jawanese and my language is the Jawa language ... as well as Indonesian is my language too). So ... I practice silat. Funnily enough there is a lot of similarity ... and a lot of the same/similar BS as well heheh.

Actually this link (between silat & IMA) might be an interesting one from an anthropological perspective ... 'cause the story goes (according to my honorable father :turtle:) that Chinese masters who were hired to guard the Chinese traders, hired local people and taught them some rudiments to help ward off the bandits ... thus loacl silat evolved ... and IMO is a window into the past of practical pre-bovine-excreta Xingyi, Bagua & Taiji as well as the various Shaolin & Southern systems like Tong Long ... BTW, Walang Kadung translates to Tong Long ... bleh. Of course we reserved the rights to add on our own buffalo dung along the way lol.
    [/Rave Off]

Cheers!

9. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

That is quite a disturbing image...why couldn't you get your leg up higher???:rolleyes:

10. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Let's just say, it wasn't even my leg muscles lifting it that high. Those jeans are tight, despite the patented "action gusset" - which is ironic because in those jeans I got far less action. Until I bought my new Steven Segal patented Action Coat.

[​IMG]

And then i got more action than I was anatomically designed for. Or so I thought...

And yes, that is my head superimposed on Steven's body.

11. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hahahahaha...you are funny, FQ...but I suggest you restart taking your medication!! You are leading the way down the path of....

:topic:

for which I usually get told off (and not in a good way).:eek:

12. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I'ts my topic! I had all of this in mind when I started it - all of it. This is exactly what I was talking about, right from the start!

13. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

So, what about that video being a big load of put-on?

14. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

In what way ?

Is showing techniques against semi resisting people a big load of put on?

Are all the demoes and instructionals by wrestlers, sambo guys, judoka on youtube all "a big load of put on" - they must be then. The guy was instructing and demonstrating at a seminar and you are suggesting deceipt.

I have no doubt that this student is well aware that Chen Bing has his number all day long. i suggest he knows going harder is a zero sum proposition for him.

have you never had an instructor with a similar advantage on you?

Can you give us any frame of reference for your comments. As in which tai chi people have you "pushed" with if any. If you want to know if people like Chen Bing could do that or similar to a person. The way to find out is not accuse others of acts of deceipt on film - but like investigate for yourself, hands on with good tc groups.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  15. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Or....... really, there's another angle - another insight even - and that's that it's often not the video that's put on, but the things other people claim about the video.

Like, I haven't tried, but, can anyone find Chen Bing himslef claiming anything, liw he could beat pro wrestlers, or is good enough for MMA?

I'm noticing - after Typeon pointed it out to me - it's often other people who start claiming all kinds of stuff for famous people who do their style.

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Absolutely, agreed. It's that sort of hype that puts people off - me included sometimes. but i try to look past it if i can.

The first clip that came out was put on bullshido by somebody who used the title 'tai chi in a cage'. And then some of the comments that followed reflected that line of promotion - not in a particularly good way.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Talking of kungfools hype. Check this slice of comedy gold right here... LOL :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqvuUkoN-I&eurl"]姚承光先生与弟å­ä»¬åº”对外国功夫挑战ä­å›½æ„拳 - YouTube[/ame]

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

cloudhandz...you utter git!!!

I just sprayed good beer over my keyboard and screen. :evil:

19. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

20. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Yeah, that's genuine cctv footage of a real fight.