Authentic applied taiji

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Fire-quan, Aug 15, 2008.

1. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Do you have to have the last word?

2. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Parlour games aside, I guess the real answer to that is that men of good conscience should feel justified in not leaving the last word spoken to be a lie.

3. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Okay, have a nice day.

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

See what I mean - it's night.

5. Puzzled Dragon

Puzzled Dragon Valued Member

Fireqan:
    It tells me, that the doubter (you) has still not found a humanly accepted way of expressing his believes, leave alone a way of furthering any topic in any constructive way whatsoever.

And the main reason seems to be, YOU are the important issue, topics don't matter, and Sandus has left us to nobody who would care about this forum in any way at all.

(Don't know who updates the emoticon list, but the simple :-( is missing.)

6. old palden

old palden Valued Member

This is where truth can be relative. It's day where I am.

Have a nice life.

7. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

You know, I haven't posted on MAP much lately, but I seem to remember that outside the taiji forum, Fire-quan is actually considered a reasonable person.

He certainly sounds reasonable to me. But maybe that's just me. . . and everyone else outside this forum.

I used to post in this forum, too, but I think that was back before Fire-quan's day.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

One of the most constructive things we can do in taiji is dismantle falsehoods.

Doubting what you say doesn't mean I am making the topic about me - it's called discussion. When you decide to launch your personal, and bravely anonymous, attacks on me, for doubting tales of magical powers - then you make it become about me. And now you're laying the balme for that on to me as well? Own your own actions.

9. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Yeah? I'd sure like to believe you... but...

10. old palden

old palden Valued Member

how many different id's does this guy post under?

11. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Yes, I'm actually Fire-quan. But before I signed up with the name Fire-quan, back in September 2004, I signed up as AZeitung, because, some day, old palden, I knew that you would sign up on this forum, and that I would be arguing with you as Fire-quan, and with my inevitable defeat, only one thing could save me: the support of a poster who had been on the forum for over 4 years with almost 3 thousand posts.

Yep, all 3 thousand posts and 4 years on the forum were just so that I would look like a legitimate poster and not a sockpuppet account, all because of you. Because there couldn't possibly be two people in the world that think you're an idiot, now could there?

12. old palden

old palden Valued Member

13. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Old P, it as enough to say that one can only make a fool out of one's self; you didn't have to demonstrate it too. :)

14. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I'm certainly not Fire-quan and I believe we've had our share of disagreements in the past but I really don't think fq is totally off mark with his criticisms. Also, in this case I think it's worth noting that fq initially posted the video to highlight that he thought it was a pretty decent demo. So I don't think his intention was to belittle the people involved.

I'm not saying he isn't an abrasive fellow but his actual points are often pretty valid.

15. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

Count me in as a FQ fan.
    I don't always agree with what he says (I think I've explained this before ... it's not Quan ... it's silat ... everything is silat, don't you know? Get it right next time!), but his voice is valuable in a practice where it's often too easy to go along with the flow of awe ... unfortunately honesty is often misunderstood as insolence, we've all been there ... defending our ego an all that :hat:.

16. lieqi fan

lieqi fan Valued Member

Seconded. The emperor is always being provided with new clothes.

(Btw WK if you have any sea monkeys for sale I would be interested :))

17. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

*Sobs a tear....* :)

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Well, it is sometimes me who needs a slapped leg....but not this time!! Can we get this thread back on track? :mad:

Oh, and what is a sea monkey please.....anyone....:rolleyes:

19. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

They are dried life forms, that you just add water to. Little boys love them! In the magazine adverts they have like a picture of a sea monster overwhelming an ocean liner and suckering off sailors - maybe I should re-phrase that - so little boys, dreaming of seeing their little sisters eaten by sea monsters, buy these things in packets, put them in a gold fish bowl - and they turn out to be like little microscopic shrimps - no where near big enough to eat a little sister. So it's back to dragging her toothbrush round the toilet bowl!

20. lieqi fan

lieqi fan Valued Member

WHAAAT!! ... I thought they were like.. you know... real monkeys :mad: