Attention : Iamraisen

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by kickboxingidiot, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

oh my god. reading korpys threads is like watching someone walk into the wrong side of a revolving door... over and over. you want to help.... but you realise nothing can save someone like that.

arent there uh, better channels to get a fight than through a martial arts forum? like asking around other guys clubs? although i must say that a 80kg 15 year old is quite a thing so it would be damn hard finding a fight for him.

2. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

If you don't like them then don't read and comment them. Simple as that...

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROTFLMAO!

4. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Korpy is a great guy IMO
    pity hes not 80kg :)

yes ikken youre right its mega hard to find an opponent for him.

it was easier when he was 75kg (but even then still hard!!!) but then he was 14!

probably a LOT easier when he was 13 and still growing
    he went from 57kg till about 70kg over that year alone!

5. kickboxingidiot

RE:
    legal ramifications fighting a 15 year old?
    nope not really.
    there is no leal ramifications in the UK RE: kickboxing.
    mind you i am aware of the ae difference which is why im willing to make it a demo bout
    just desperate to get our guy a fight of any description thats all.
    if we keep struggling to get him fights we may lsoe him totally to boxing thats all

will be a waste of a good athlete and a natural fighter

6. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you kbidiot. I hope you find a great fighter to take the guy on.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

So did you find anyone to fight him yet? :D

8. kickboxingidiot

Hi korpy
    we have a possibility that he will do a boxing exhibition on the day
    once JCH has won the WAKO's or got a medal in the WAKO's i think JCH will be a credible opponent for him

what do you say JCH?
    For the future possibly

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Sounds good, I hope JCH accepts it and fights him.

10. kickboxingidiot

So do I!!!
    But i honestly cant see it happening.
    KB politics in some of the associations are a bit wierd you see.

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Why wont it happen? What association does JCH fight under?

12. Haha - that's a big can of worms you just opened there, korps!!! ;)

I've just got back from Bournemouth - I'll be thinking straight in a bit :)

13. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

you PM'd me not mentioning a date or giving any details of an opponent or the competition or anything. you didnt even alert me to this post. IMO this doesnt fill me with confidence for you to set up a proper fight. i am doing a masters degree at the moment so havnt been training for the last 2-3 months in MT but am at a pretty good level of fitness HOWEVER there is no way that i could even consider training for a proper fight until after my exams in june.

a 15 year old kid though? you must be joking? my little sister is 15 years old. it wouldnt be a fight, it would be bullying.

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That's pretty much the impression I had. I still have my doubts that there is no legal stuff associated with kickboxing, especially with such an age discrepancy

15. slipthejab

I'm not sure how this would work in the UK... but for the most part it seems that if the kid and his parents signed a waiver (this could possibly be in the school contract) then it'd make no difference what the age discrepancy was.

That's not to say that lawyers couldn't argue it in court one way or another... but I've seen age discrepancies amongst fighters that are about the same as what's been mentioned here.

I've seen some full grown adults get rocked by 15 year olds. Discounting someone because of their age is a not a very smart thing to do.

I dunno what's in the water these days though... when I was 15 we were all relatively the same size and weight... these days... sheesh... must be the growth hormones in the beef I tell ya! :D

16. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Growth hormones? The only thing in our beef is pure, best of British BSE, baby! :D

17. slipthejab

18. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

sorry i was a tad annoyed when i saw this thread and shouldnt have attacked the kid. my rage was at KBI. all i said on the original forum was that he wouldnt get muay thai fighters competeing in his competition if there were no leg kicks. a few weeks later i get a PM saying that he has an opponent for me - no mention of any of the actual details of the competition so i dont really take it sreiously. THEN i stumble on this thread by accident.

19. kickboxingidiot

Happy new year iamraisen

There will be a separate section of this competition for the leg kick fighters
    There will be the inter uni championships on one side of the room
    in a separate ring it will be like any other thai/kick interclub.
    there will be pre matched single matches

Now i did PM you but got no response
    the details of the competition were on the previous thread about the interuni championships.

I understand me puttin this forward to you (the fight that is) fills you with rage as you may feel like you have been put into a "position" and you may feel that your pride will be hurt for not accepting?
    this is not the case.
    The point is you were talkin as if you would be "up for it" if leg kicks were allowed.Obviously the tune has changed so no problems.
    As for "bullying" bit of a foolish thing to say isnt it?
    This kid CAN handle himself both in the ring and out of it i assure you.
    I have seen first hand what this kid is capable of on the street (mind you that is irrelevant really)
    Even in sparring he gives the other 80kg fighters a run for their money.
    If "bullying" is what concerns you then how about you and him do an "exhibition bout" where you both demonstrate your skils in a "no decision bout"
    I am sure you will both gain from the experience in a friendly manner without any of the ego driven nonsense that can come out of a situation liek this?

20. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

rage might have been a bit strong but i was angry. look im not goin to go into this but i never had any intention of taking a fight. for a start i have too little time to train MT at the moment and until june my time is going to get less and less because im doing a masters course and working. i definately do not have time to train for a fight seriously.