Attachments.

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Bozza Bostik, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I've been having problems with attachments. I've tried to attach photos a few times over the past few months and they...just haven't attached.

I just tried to attach some photos and the page-thing when you upload the file just goes blank and freezes.

Any idea what that is about?

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Were your parents very loving? Maybe a little distant with you as a child?
    Just think back....listen to my voice..think back...maybe your problem with attachment lies in reconciling your issues with your childhood?

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

:happy::hail::happy:

4. Bozza Bostik

You're an idiot...and why Simon is encouraging you....Jeeez!

:cry: :D

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I've had the same thing. Hasn't worked for months.

Attaching URL links works fine, so if it's an image from your computer you can host it on one of those free image hosting sites and link to it. Bit of a pain in the bum though.

6. Bozza Bostik

Well at least you're willing to help me David! Why the hell im paying Simon a hundred euros a month to use MAP only to get this kind of service is anyone's guess!

On a more serious note - yeah, I could use one of those sites but they're a bit annoying...and I just have too many accounts to sign up for another!

Right, so no one gets to see my belfies, fair enough.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I saw his belfies and sadly Bozza is a bit of a moose. Stand down ladies.

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I've not had any problem loading attachments from my phone or PC, done both in the last few weeks. What were the file sizes Bozza?

Mitch

9. David Harrison

I'm not Bozza (but I can dream! :p ), but for me I've tried PNG and JPG files of only a few kilobytes. Using Safari on Mac.

Testing: Yup, 90k .jpg, when I press upload I get "Upload of file failed."

10. Mitch

Hmm, that's odd

Attached Files:

11. Mitch

OK, so I tried to upload one file and it failed. I immediately tried to upload another from the same folder on my PC and it was fine.

Can you try a couple of times please David?

12. David Harrison

Sure.

Testing: Nope, tried a few times from a couple of different folders and get the same error every time. I'm presuming it's not pilot error because I used to do it a fair bit, though that was with FireFox I think, and an older OS.

13. Mitch

Did you try a .png? My attempts with a .jpg failed.

14. David Harrison

Nope, I'll try now:

Attached Files:

15. David Harrison

Okay, that's really strange. The file I selected to upload was a 1.6MB PNG, but it shows as a 90k JPG when I open the "Manage Attachments" window :confused:

16. Mitch

Looks like it's jpgs that are a problem then? Not sure what else is happening there.

17. David Harrison

Yeah. When I downloaded the attached image from the thread, it has indeed been converted to a 90k JPG.