Athleng Nordic has passed on.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by adouglasmhor, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

I haven't logged on much over the past couple of years, but I probably talked to him at some point in time as I have been around a while.

My condolences to all that knew him and his family.

Always sad news when we lose a great martial-artist and a great person.

2. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Very sorry to hear this! I meet Dean once when I was out west for work and was hopping to see him again on my next visit. He was a great guy and will be missed by many. A sad way to start the new year!

He was also a biker we traded comments on our love of HD's and other bikes also our love of the open road.

Rest in Peace brother save me a spot in the formation on that heavenly road and I'll try to join you there.

3. ross-24

ross-24 Valued Member

:O Now I'm even more gutted about missing his advice to others on here! RIP nordic :(

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Every time I look at this thread I realise what an impact he had on all of us.

5. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

He was a Rush fanatic??? Although i never met him, a song for his memory...

6. Tragedy that he survived a tour in Iraq to have that happen at home. Our thoughts are with you wherever you are Nordic.

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

rest in peace dean!

8. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Medi passed on when i left... and now i log into MAP after months and Nordic is gone too :( sucks.
    RIP

9. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Rest In Peace, Athleng Nordic.

I suggest that we write a letter to his family, saying our hearts and prayers are with his family and have a list of all the member's names below that. How about that? I can write the note and put the list together.

I don't know his family's address, though, so if anyone could help me out on that, it would be great.

How about whoever wants their name on the list PM me or email me? <<removed>>.

Does this sound good to anyone else? It sure would be nice to have his family receive a letter with over a hundred signatures on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
  10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Patrick,

Nice gesture that would be. I'd happily sign it.

11. Patrick Smith

:) Glad to hear it, Superfoot.

Anyone know his real street address?

Don't post it here if you do. PM or email me.

Do you guys think we should have our real names or forum names on the list? I think our real names would be more personal but what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  12. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Hi Patrick. I think it's a great idea and very thoughtful of you. However, despite your good intentions I've had to take down your contact details from the thread.

13. Patrick Smith

Okay. I must have missed that part in the rules. :)

CosmicFish sent me PM explaining that something to this effect was already being done and so I guess that if you want your name on a list or something you should talk to him. :)

*shrug* Oh well.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  14. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Tom Payne (tom pain)

That kind of thing:)

15. Patrick Smith

Tom, CosmicFish told me that something like this is being discussed by some people already. I guess if you want to have your name on a list or something then you PM him...

CosmicFish, I tried to reply to your PM but I wasn't able to. Can you give me more details on what you are doing about the letter?

Thanks.

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

well if you want my name all you have to do is ask nicely. or you could look at my email address...

17. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

OK, what we're going to do is this: Moosey's drafted a letter to send. Anyone who wants to add their name to it, send me a PM with whatever name you want shown (either your real one or your forum name) and a short note if you want too. I'll collate them all together and add them to the end of the letter. Once done, we'll print the letter out and send it.

Right, I'll get clearing my PM box . . .

18. Patrick Smith

I can't PM you for some reason.

Please add me!

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

For those who don't have the required 50 posts and two weeks of membership to PM CosmicFish you can email him at cosmicfish@martialartsplanet.net

Might be an idea to put something like "Nordic" in the subject line.

20. Patrick Smith

Ah, thank you very much! :) Just what I need.