as a christian i've been warned to leave tai chi alone

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Solomon, Jun 8, 2006.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

The inquisition and crusades were probably much worse.. was not there though so cant speak from experience.. :Angel:

I think Taliban more of a political group as opposed to a religion. :confused:

2. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

Mad Monk, you better re-read your history because more people have died in the name of Christianity than any other group of people in history. Yes, that is right!!

3. Solomon

Solomon Valued Member

thank you everyone trying to help me out here. i've only read a few posts so far, i'm in school and shouldn't be on this site right now, lol

for everyone else, just spouting off sarcastic comments and can't contribute with constructive critcism and helpfull advice..don't shoot the messenger

"inthespirit" God did not create evil.thats all i'm going to say about that, unless you wanna talk about it

4. Solomon

Solomon Valued Member

Originally Posted by tccstudent
    I find the Christians to be the least tolerable towards other peoples beliefs and living systems

i'm extremely sorry that you have that experience my friend, but i just wanted to say,real christians aren't.

5. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Fundamentalism and fanaticism are always bad imho - whether it be by Christians, Muslims or... Taijiquan students!! :eek: ;)
    I use Church halls and have many Christian students... I have also been refused hall hire by Christians on the basis that Taiji is 'evil'.
    (Such people also believe yoga to be satanic btw Such fear is a symptom of a lack of faith imo/e - very sad. Their loss :cool: )
    Poor guy mentioned probably has a touch of background psychosis to get such a reaction to doing Taiji... either that or he went to the 'Energetics-Paul Daniels School of Tai Chi Cult' and is actually posessed... :rolleyes: lol
    :Angel:

6. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Funny...the Inquisition was a political motivated action...as were the Crusades...

7. MadMonk108

Ninja, please...

I suppose you have statistics proving that too.

Show me the correlary statistics for the number of people who were killed in the name of Allah as well.

Then conclusively prove to me that these were genuinely religion-motivated killings, and not killings for a political cause masquerading as religion.

Secondly, you're diverting from the original point

You find Christians to be the least tolerable. You weren't qualifying time and place.

While the average Middle American Christian usually doesn't have half a clue about the beliefs of another religion or culture, they aren't murdering them like what's happening to Christians in many other places in the world TODAY. I don't see Christians in the US or UK or other Western societies kicking down the doors of missionaries from foreign religions, dragging them out into the streets and shooting them.

And here I am debating this with you...and I'm not even Christian. I'm Buddhist. And you know what? As a Buddhist, I am deeply disturbed by the persecution of Christians at the hands of some of my Buddhist brothers in the Sri Lanka...where Buddhist monks are leading mobs to destroy churches.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  8. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

Ohhhhhh Broooother.......lets just agree to disagree then. It's so much easier this way. :)

9. MadMonk108

Your choice. :Angel:

10. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

...and a good choice ;)

11. zhangsanfeng

zhangsanfeng Valued Member

12. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Uh, think we can keep this thread on topic, folks? The topic, in case you've forgotten, is Tai Chi. :rolleyes:

13. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

yes, balance lol

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Heck a christian told me that I was going to hell for bowing to a korean flag in the dojang???? I asked him for scriptual proof, he's yet to show up.....

15. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

You may never see him again. :Alien:

16. MadMonk108

Wow.

Then there must be a bunch of Korean Christians in Hell.

17. Solomon

Solomon Valued Member

"i've never had a problem with christianity, its the people that follow it that claim to be christian who bother me"
    -George Carlin

thank you for your posts everyone

18. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

I have been told I am going to hell because I am a Jew so doing tai chi can not make things worse.

19. prowla

prowla Valued Member

You can be a christian (small "c") without buying in to all of the Christian rituals.
    Recently a schoolkid we know was told by a Catholic teacher that they would not meet God because they don't take communion.
    How stupid!
    Christianity does some great things and there are some genuine caring people who practice the faith.
    There are also some nasty bigoted closed-minded individuals who use it as an excuse to try and impose their views on other people.
    They're the ones who will be sat in purgatory wondering why the gates of heaven aren't open and welcoming them in!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  20. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

Just as in any faith, you have your "OVER THE TOP" individuals.........and thats with any belief's :Angel: