Arthroscopy

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Freeform, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Very good, I'd say (this is starting to sound like a dating website ;) )

Yep, and I am.

NHS, free but slow. It was 5 months between injury and op. My right leg has atrophied some (I now only have one 'rugby players' thigh and one normal looking one).

Kali, BJJ, Tai Jitsu and MT

I'm swimming and doing light cycling, the number of chins and pull ups I can do now is better than before the injury ;)

2. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Free form,
    If you went into the surgery pretty healthy recovery time is usually cut in half (in my own exp. and my doctor mentioned this). I had knee surgery and played soccer before it, b/c my knees were in good shape (had a bone spur removed) I was able to recover in about 2 months. I just paid attention to what the PT said and did the exercises. If you tend to overdo exercises becareful after surgeries cause they (surgeries) can be traumatic to all surrounding tissues.

You may not reinjury the exact area you had surgery on, but the muscles, tendons etc. of surrounding area are now compensating for the general weakness. So you can actually damage these and create new injury. I found it best (personally) to start out slow and build up. This for me has done the greatest of recovery time.