Arrow (tv show)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Sep 2, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You just saved us missing the episode, thanks for that :)

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Black Canary is Green Arrow's wife in the comics.
    What I was wondering what they were going to do with her, because Black Canary is Dinah Lance...obviously in the TV show the girl is Laurel Dinah Lance.
    I guess they just decided to force in the extra person (which may or may not have been planned from the start)

Black Canary has powers, sonic blast from her voice (used in Smallville). In this though she uses Sonic Bombs, which in the comics were used when Black Canary lost her voice.

It was the same with Tommy Merlyn, who is also the play on the name of one of GA's villain "Merlyn" basically what John Barrowman plays; a ninja archer.

I think that character also came up in Smallville.

Barry Allen has now been introduced and he will have powers, but it'll be his own TV show.

Strong rumours that they will keep the TV Green Arrow to walk into the Batman v Superman aka JLA movie. So as to not confuse fans

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Canary needs her proper costume. :love:

While we are at it can we have Zatanna? :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  4. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

what Dean said.

Maybe I could cast her... can I, can I pretty please?

5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Watched the first two episodes last night. Parkour gets some nice rep. I like it though too much of a Robin Hood/Batman rehash.

6. blindside

blindside Valued Member

It IS a Robin Hood/Batman rehash, I don't think you could possibly get away from that given the whole vigilante archer thing.

And Batman is a Zorro rehash.

7. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

And the whole take from the rich to give to the poor thing, and the whole, I'm a young fatherless billionaire thing. I don't know if it's because I'm watching it on my iPad, but most fights are in the dark and it's hard to see the moves. If you're gonna have some cool choreographed fight scenes, show them to me clearly damnit!

8. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Actually it's Dinah Laurel Lance, she uses her middle name on the show. That's actually the comic characters full name as well.

In the comics there was no sister but the mother was the original golden age Black Canary. My thought here is that this show is kind of following the Smallville role model where they are completely re writing the back story and development years but it will probably end where you say OK now they're the Green Arrow and Black Canary from the comics just like Smallville completely rewrote Supes back story but in the end you were like OK now he's Superman. Unfortunately I think this means Sarah is actually replacing the mother as the original Black Canary and Dinah will someday take over as Black Canary 2, probably after Sarah's death. I just hope it doesn't happen until the very end of the series because I like Sarah way better, both the actress and the character. Funny though since me and many other fancasters wanted Katie Cassidy as Black canary back when she was the Blonde Ruby on Supernatural.

Again the original Black Canary had no powers. Black Canary 2 has them. Not sure how the show will handle this when/if Dinah becomes Black canary.

The father who's name is also Merlyn is supposed to be the Merlyn from the comics. Tommy is a TV series creation for the back story. They had a similar character in Smallville they called Black Arrow but he was supposed to have been Green Arrows mentor.

Saw the Flash costume on facebook and it looks awesome. Looks like the show will be way better than the old Flash show.

Funny how DC basically sucks with movies but seem to be good with TV series while Marvel seems to be just the opposite. Marvels movies are awesome, at least the ones they make themselves but the shield show is just to campy. It's watchable but it's a big let down after seeing the movies, except the Sif episode!

9. 19thlohan

Also I'm extremely peeved that Shado is dead and only a ghost now. She was such an awesome character in the comics when Mike Grell was doing the series. Unfortunately no one else has ever really known how to write her so I'm not surprised with what they did with her. It's terrible though.

10. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Quick question, there was a brief bit a while back where Felicity Smoak met that forensic guy who had a crush on her and was struck by lightning, do we have any idea who he's supposed to be? We all know from the way it was shot that won't be the last we see of him.

11. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Red outfit, has yellow lightning bolts on it, has a pretty good 40 yard dash time.

12. 19thlohan

Probably this guy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  13. 19thlohan

I'm hearing Summer Glau's character is going to be Ravager.

14. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Not probably.

Is.

He will have his own series.

15. 19thlohan

Yes I know. That's a picture of him to promote the series.

16. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

It was funny watching Zelenka from Stargate disarm a bomb.

17. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Funny - watched an episode yesterday where he says "I'm not Robin Hood".

Hmm, yeah, you are.

18. 19thlohan

Funny I don't remember him robbing the rich to give to the poor or hiding in a forest and his band of men aren't very merry. It takes more than wearing green and shooting a bow to be Robin Hood. Although Diggles makes a good little John.

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You're correct, he's nothing like him.

[​IMG]

:D

20. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

You mustn't be watching the same show I am, then.