Arrow (tv show)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Sep 2, 2013.

1. wassizoe

wassizoe New Member

Arrow great show.... like it so much

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

3. nasigoreng

nasigoreng Valued Member

excellent fight choreography, esp. the duel between slade wilson and billy wintergreen. I believe wilson was fighting with a filipino-style blade called a gayang.

what the heck is that plant or root Arrow keeps cooking up whenever someone is sick? It seems to cure everything from poisons to bullet wounds.

Janina Gavankar/ Detective McKenna Hall.... i would be defenseless against her charms.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

5. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

I was a fan of the Green Arrow series when it was written by Mike Grell.If they adapt some of his story arcs it would gain more of my interest.He went up against many more low-profile,highly believable,off-the-headlines types back then.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Michael Jai White cosplaying as Wolverine was cool.

I'm liking the series and its not as bad as Smallville....yet. Brother Blood needs to get going dammit. I'm impressed that they found a use for Prof. Ivo, (anyone notice his ship's name? )
    *cough*Amazo*cough.

Laurel is really sidelined now but what else are they going to do with the doe-eyed-voluptuous-damsel?

Anyway, not happy with the season break again. Apparently not back till mid Jan.

7. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

It gets so good in season two. I'm really impressed with it overall. It's better than a lot of damn superhero movies. And it's dark.

8. LemonSloth

I still like it having watched it all the way to the end of the second season. But honestly, the addition of Mirakuru and Ra'z Al Ghuls' merry band of hobbits just made me roll my eyes actually.

9. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Getting through season 1 right now, wasn't too sure after the first couple but got into it by the third episode. Enjoyable, some parts are a bit cheesy but adds to the charm I think.

10. Mushroom

Waiting for the Flash spin off now. Although I am wary, they are following the Nolanverse of "realism" but with Wally West coming in, as well as JLA coming in on 2016, there maybe a need to start introducing the more supernatural elements to fit with the DC plan.
    (Stephen Amell is runoured to sign on for the Bat v Supes movie)

11. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

I'm glad there finally a super who kills people. It's always bugged me. Plus all the spartacus cast guest roles are fun.

12. LemonSloth

Yeah, but if the guy who plays Crixus ever tries to use a different accent when acting I think I might die of shock :eek:

It's nice to see a hero getting beaten up though and yeah, nice to see him kill sometimes. Much as I love Batman, that whole "no killing" thing...just seems impractical.

13. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

As far as the accent goes, just no. Don't even think about it. Katrina Law also makes an appearance, ahhhhhh katrina the things we......... wait where was I?????

The no killing in smallville nearly drove me insane. When the hero doesn't kill you can also look forward to lots of long moralizing monologues.

14. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Back on Sky 1 tonight I think for the rest of season 2. Planner set, go!

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's been renewed for a third season too.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Frank Castle laughs at you!

17. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

Much more my speed.

Different genre, does "Without remorse" ring a bell. You might like it

18. Mushroom

Interesting that they bought in..

Talia Al-Ghul's sister. Since she was essentially in a single Batman run
    And as Black Canary's lover???

19. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

She's gorgeous, nough said :love:

20. Mushroom

I originally thought that she was Lady Shiva. They seem to have modelled her look on Shiva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Shiva