Arrow (tv show)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Sep 2, 2013.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Suh-weeeeet!! :love: Just today my children informed me that the recent Green Arrow tv show is available on Megashare. I was all :jawdrop: and "Doh!" and :bang: for nobody telling me this before. So, I marathoned four episodes in a row tonight. It is so fully awesome! I love when Oliver goes all stoic around people. That's totally what I would expect from someone who both just came out of isolation, and could kill them all where they stand in a few seconds. Dude is a like a Batman-caliber ninja killer, and yes, he kills people. At first his skill level seemed odd, and his foreign-language skills are really odd, but we're getting flashbacks to island days that suggest he had a well-connected teacher. He was not really on a deserted island.

I'm in the for whole season now. :D

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Arrow is a blast and season 2 looks to continue that with the likes of

Flash being in it for a number of episodes!!!!

Oh yeah and we need more
    Deathstroke.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Just watched the pilot episode. It kept my attention, which means a lot for a tv show in regards to me watching it. :D

I only watched it because OP likes Firefly, which means his taste in television is impeccable. I would have never tried it otherwise.

4. aikiMac

LOL!!! :D :love:

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I don't know how they're going to add a certain Leaguer, considering he actually has powers and this is trying to stay as "real" as possible.

6. Dean Winchester

Well it looks like Black Canary is in it too and no it's not who you think it would be. Flash is getting a new TV series too so that's probably one reason we are seeing him

7. Mushroom

Thats what I heard, and obviously they are going with the build up to actually havig a building block for JLA movie (with Bats and Supes having their own movie) Smallville kinda ruined everything for everyone.

So will Arrow be breaking its "no powers" rule at some point to forcefully marry itself with Wally West/Barry Allen Flash?

8. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I watched 18 episodes in one day. I'm not even kidding.

9. aikiMac

Wow. I'm not sure if you're more man than me, or more nerd than me. :D
    I'm about to start #8 on my second day of watching. :D

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Impressive. I watched the first episode and got hooked. I'm glad you guys like it too.

11. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm upwards around episode 12 right now. You can watch a lot of tv when you're stuck home with an injury.

I think it gets a little too slow and not gripping enough at about episode 6 but it's still good enough to keep my interest. I like how it's like Batman somewhat but he's willing to kill people. I wish they would give up on the romance scenes though. All in all it's still a good show!

12. Mushroom

I watch each episode in hopes for more Kelly Hu

13. pascalywood

pascalywood Valued Member

Enjoying the season 1 so far

14. aikiMac

I'm two episodes into the 2nd season (because that's all that's online right now) and liking it! :happy: :happy: Laurel's sudden career change is a bit dramatic, but her character was always stupid and the one thing I didn't like about season 1. The plot direction about Oliver, though, not being able to do anything right is quite interesting. I'm really liking that.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Yeah, but you always need a damsel in distress-ish type and Laurel's fairly pretty.

Personally I'm glad Tommy looked like he bit the dust at the end of Season 1.

Where are you watching Season 2? I'm waiting for it to come on UKTV :(

16. aikiMac

Megashare.info has all of season one (and so does Netflix), and it's slowly adding season two. At first I thought for sure Megashare had to be illegal, and I wouldn't touch it, but it's been up for soooo long now, all the while constantly growing its pool of movies and television shows, that I've recategorized it into a "don't ask questions" grey area. I gotta think that NBC and Marvel and all the other big names would have pooled together to shut it down by now if it was illegal. I mean, seriously, for more than a month now the banner ad has been "Iron Man 3." That's not just a Marvel product. That's also Disney, and it's still there.

Anyway, "Castle" and "Agents and Shield" episodes are slowly appearing on it, too, so I'm loving Megashare this fall.

17. aikiMac

I watched episode 4 last night. Laurel is still a loser character (idiot writers!!) but I'm thoroughly digging her demoted father, the police officer, this season. Does anyone else think Sara is supposed to be "Black Canary"? I'm just noting that she has the requisite long blonde hair with ass-wooping karate skills.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  18. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

The first half of season one was awesome.

Then it got pants.

That is all :)

Seriously though, I'm epically disappointed. It had such potential.

19. Dean Winchester

Yes she's Canary, I'm looking forward to Deathstroke getting his groove on and Flash turning up.

And yeah Paul Blackthorn rocks.

20. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

GUILTY PLEASURE

I watch it - but can't say that I really like it - the stories just aren't that well written and the characters are - on the whole - not ones that I can empathize with - mind you it's not as bad as Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I watch that and CRINGE - Although Coulson's car took me back to reading the original comics...