Are you happy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by abby, Feb 25, 2004.

?

Are you happy?

1. Yes, Very

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. I'm apathetic

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. No, I want to fall alseep and never wake up

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. No, but I still like life

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  5. other

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. abby

abby New Member

What things in your life make it good or bad.

2. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I just coast by, I'm to lazy to care about stuff, so of course I'm happy :eek:

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

My own personal life is really kind of the pits. Well actually I don't have a personal life. A few hours a week in martial arts and thats about it. The last date I was on, hmmmm, can't remember. My life revolves around my kids pretty much...

4. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Some times I get down about things, until I realize they could be a lot worse....
    I try to stay happy:D

5. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

What makes life good? Great kids, great husband, great mom and dad, great mom and dad-in-law, great brothers and sisters (and in-laws), incredible niece and nephews, fulfilling work, good health, faith, fantastic friends, nice stuff, travel, peaceful heart. What makes life bad? why dwell on it?

6. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

soo emo

fall asleep and never wake up...probably just one of those days, at least I hope it was.
    but seriously, things aren't that bad.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  7. Tattooed Bear

Tattooed Bear New Member

Every day you're not locked up is a good day. Once you've hit rock bottom, it puts life in perspective. 8, stop being so emo about some chick. Try going a year or two without ever seeing a female, then you can talk to me.

8. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Tattoed Bear, you make a good point.
    It's not over a chick though, it was just a bad day, bad week, bad month, in fact the year started off pretty bad. I appreciate the reality check.

9. Jack

Jack Valued Member

I'd say I'm happily satisfied and content with my life at the moment. Not that things are any different than they have been in the past, but because I am different. :Angel:

10. Romantic

Romantic Martial Prowess

Happiness is a State of Mind

Happiness is really just a state of mind. You can be happy if you choose to be happy, even though that's easier said than done. I found that the simplest way to be happy is to relinquish all desires. If you desire nothing, then you will not suffer because there is really nothing you want. That way you will be happy. Once again, easier said than done. Things are more difficult than they seem, even though they can be quite simple in perspective.

11. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i would also say it's in the head. life can get pretty tough sometimes, but we should remember that it can always get worse. on and off we whine about misfortunes, and i might say that i have been through worse than someone else and that might be true but it doesn't have to. everyone thinks that his/her misfortune is the worst. it's very important to snap out of it, because whining and complaining won't make it better. it's better to use that time to think about the solutions. that's simply life: a series of ups and downs but it's important how we handle everything and what we learn out of it.

if you have a good friend who you can trust, isn't life great?

if you have great parents who will always be there for you whenever you achieve something good or make a mess, isn't life great?

and there are soooo many other examples as Anything has already mentioned.

we might whine about money, cars etc but hey....let's think about those other things that are really important in life.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  12. Picksey

Picksey New Member

All valid points... and I'd like to add that happiness is relative. My life right now is actually pretty damn good - but I've been so happy in the past that in comparison life seems a bit dull at the mo.

I would amend Romantic's philosophy, though - I think it's important to have some kind of direction, or objective (=desire). Even if you never attain it, it's the trying that matters, and the trying that gives you some sort of fulfilment. Same reason for which you go travelling - it's not where you go, but the journey that matters.

Heck! This is far too philosophical for the end of a brain-numbing day in front of CAD redesigning road markings... :woo:

13. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Scarily, I'm much like Kwajman. I've never really had a social life, never been on a date, and pretty much the only time I have any form of social life is when I see my friends at school, and TKD. My life isn't bad, I'm not saying that, it's just that it revolves almost completely around my schoolwork, with TKD coming 2nd, and I don't really know where it is going. Most of my friends are fantastic though, and that's something to be happy about.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  14. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Ditto, minus TKD and school, plus College.

I have nothing really.

15. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

I guess it's just me. Lately I've being feeling beeming w/ happiness and I have no clue why. It's great. I guess I just hold the feeling in the joy of living itself the fact this day is the only Feb 27 2004 i'll ever get and that it's not meant for me to sob during.

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Booksie, your on the right track. Too many teenagers are so hung up on dating and where their going to go on a date. That schoolwork and family suffers. So hang tough with TKD, have fun with your friends, don't kill your brother, and keep visiting us here!!!!!

17. Spanner

Spanner New Member

Not trying to be difficult - but how about if your only desire is to be happy?

18. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I think if your only desire is to be happy you can't be. If you are always thinking of yourself and your ends you miss out on what truly makes you happy. Relationships, sharing, helping are the basis of my happiness. If I didn't help others and be there for them even when it isn't "fun" I have no base for happiness. I don't think you can be happy all alone. Why would you want to be? There is a big difference between happiness and hedonism.