Are you an eavesdropper?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by budogirl, May 21, 2004.

1. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

Do you listen to other people's conversations on public transport or in cafes/ bars/ queues...?

This website below lists things overheard on the London Underground - it's sooooo funny. Some comments may be lost on those outside London or the UK but you're bound to find an amusing comment somewhere.

Underground chat

Tell us at MAP the funniest/ most bizarre thing you'd overheard.

Mine is a mother saying to her young daughter: "It's not funny, it's African" (talking about Zimbabwe)
    :D

2. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I keep to my own buisness :) .

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

With my hearing problems I have enough trouble hearing things said directly to me without worrying about overhearing others :rolleyes:

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I have the scary ability to listen into conversations that are happening at whisper level 10 feet away :D. a mightly hand skill ;)

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Jim? :D

I know your not Tasmanian ;)

6. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

sorry?...what was that?

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

It's kind of hard not to listen to someone's conversation, when they sit down right next to you and start talking. I can't close my ears or anything.

PL

8. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I agree with Poop Loops -- it can be hard not to hear someone else's conversation. So, if you're in a public place, tone it down if you don't want to be overheard!

That being said, the most amusing thing I ever overheard on the ferry:

"Who needs bananas?"

Funniest thing I ever overheard in the dojo:

"Who needs a heavy bag when you have a brother?"

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Well, I'd guess that there is a McDonalds close to this station :D
    Are you sure this is chicken?
    There's nothing morally wrong about eating horsemeat.

And this person must have visited the great southwestern U.S. recently, (and they're right :p Just kidding, don't wanna P.O. the ropers :) )
    I've seen a lot of young men wearing cowboy hats and I don't think it's a good thing.

10. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Been in a pretty bad mood lately, thanks for cheering me up with that link :)

11. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

No, it's easy just space out let your mind go blank j/k. If I'm by myself i'm usually thinking too deeply, reading, or on my labtop and others conversations do no intrest me. Now, if I want to join the converstation then I do listen.

12. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Her name is Mary Donaldson, she was a real estate agent in Hobart, she met the crown prince of Denmark at the Sydney Olympic games. They got married on May 14, last Friday, and it was HUGE over here. A 'commoner' from Australia is the future Queen of Denmark.

Last edited: May 22, 2004
  13. Freeform

HUUURRRRAAAHHH!!! :D

14. Adam

Adam New Member

Yay! I saw that thing on TV! You made a really beautiful bride Jimbo :D

15. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

ROFLMAO! Freeform, that shouldn't be alowed :D:D:D:D

16. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

Everyone should evesdrop. It is fascinating.
    If anyone has ever been to the centre of Brighton in England you'll know what I mean. Due to the truely hugely wide variety of people there , when I wnt for a break there I overheard things such as:

Of course I like blood, don't you?
    and
    I had my first whipping yesterday

It is possibly one of the most sureal places you'll ever be. The only place I've seen anyone with 9 inch spiked orange hair talking to a guy in a pinstipe suit with a briefcase on a street corner.

17. Jim

Jim New Member

Okay, okay... my secret's out... that's why I've been on edge so much lately and had that big pause from being here.

Well I can tell you that the pre-wedding jitters were nothing to worry about and he is a perfect gentleman. I'm sure we'll be happy together always (as long as I can keep him away from that floozy from Norway...).

18. Freeform

Congratulations Jim ;)

Are you planning to add anything to the royal family? The patter of tiny feet?

Some Corgi's perhaps? :D

19. Jim

Jim New Member

I'm sure you'll read all about it in the regular magazines. I'll remember to smile and wave just for you. ;)