are black people stronger than white people

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gracie22555, Jun 11, 2006.

1. gracie22555

gracie22555 New Member

anyone know of any studies done to compare the two races. Just from everyday life the average black man looks to have more muscle than average white man. Also just look at pro sports its becoming really black.

anyone know?

2. TheAngle

TheAngle Valued Member

Why shouldn't we discuss racial differences openly? :cool:

3. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Interesting question. I don't know of any studies that focused on that. We are all part of the human race though, meaning we all have 23 pairs of chromosomes. So genetically, they don't have an extra set or anything special like that, but it could be possible that certain people from different walks of life are genetically predisposed to different traits.

4. Antaeus

Antaeus Valued Member

I think that black people have a higher percentage of fast twitch fibers.

5. baqi9

baqi9 Valued Member

So why am I so slow...?

6. Antaeus

Antaeus Valued Member

You still have to train. But I think genetically, generaly black people tend to be stronger and faster.

7. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I think its jsut the general kudos for the black community. Lots of the rappers and such, lots of black singers are built... in fact I can't think of any who aren't. If you consider these fairly up front people as a reflection on the majority of black people then you can be inclined to feel that all black people are huge.

8. gornex

gornex Valued Member

snoop dog isn't built lol

9. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

2pac, usher, 50 Cent, not singers but Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Audley Harrison, Chris Eubank, Gene Yvell and if you look at all the black guys in films, they are often built.

10. gornex

gornex Valued Member

lol yeah i wasn't disagreeing with you, i was just saying one that isn't. lol it was mostly a joke

11. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow, so black people who are in movies and sports and celebrity positions where they have personal trainers and all that stuff to improve image (discluding the athletes who gosh, didn't know they would train to be bigger :rolleyes: ) are big just bercause they're black?! I see plenty of black people where I'm from (old slave town in the south) who don't come near my size (I'm white).

Now, I do believe here in America they may have bred the slaves to be stronger, but I'm still shaky in stating that as a fact : P. Black people probably tend to look like they have more muscle because they are well, darker. Darker skin portrays more details. Thus why body builders tan to the point where they actually do look black.

Here in America you can also look at the situations a lot of black people are in. The school I went to was a lot of black kids, and all of them wanted to be 1.) A professional athlete, 2.) A Rapper or 3.) something else, rarely. (This is dealing with the guys : P) When you have a large percentage of people wanting one thing, your bound to get a lot of that "race" in whatever they are aiming for. They aren't special from white people or anything : P. I hate this "race" crap that black people are better athletes and stuff then white people. What about soccer, tennis, the UFC! How many black people do you see in those, I haven't seen very many and those are very intense sports, I don't come around saying white people are better >: O, or have a tennis gene. (I'm not really this mad : P, don't take me too seriously, I'm ranting)

The only thing I WILL give black people is that in my opinion, Ebony women are much more attracive :D

12. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Which says nothing about racial genetics but possibly shows that to be black and famous (and male?) you have to be built.

Personally I see non-famous out of shape black guys as much as any other race... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  13. gracie22555

gracie22555 New Member

yeah obviously they are human considering they can reproduce with whites, etc.........

but still within a species there is always variation, and im not basing this off of rappers like 50 cent. Just from my local city looking at blacks, and whites they tend to have more muscle than white kids of equal weight.

14. Ero-Sennin

Wait! Ahem* I misread that there didn't I : P. Sorry -walks away feeling dumb -

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  15. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

David Brent has a son! :p

16. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

There are, as far as I am aware, no studies to support this. The only thing you have is a perception based off less the one percent of the population. A percent of the population judged, I might add, on looks or performance. When you break down health by population, blacks are no more or less fit or muscle-y then whites or anyone else.

Further, you cannot prove race exists genetically. I would have no more difference between me and a black or asian woman then there would be between myself and a white woman. You can trace general allele patterns in large geographic areas, but the study breaks down completely on the individual comparison level.

17. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Wry, firstly to be fair I am basing this off an episode of House I saw recently, but aren't their some medical treatments that work better for different ethnic groups? I think I heard that in other more reputable places as well and if thats so doesn't that mean there is to certain common genetic difference between ethnic groups?

18. wrydolphin

Oh sure, as a general rule. But it does not, by any means, apply to everyone. You are also still looking at geographic alleles to some degree. But its a correlation, not comepletely causal.

Diabetes tends to be very high in African Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans. While the genetics might be there, the cause is not race. The cause is poverty and bad diet. That sort of thing.

When you do the genetic tests, there is no way to tell if a person is Asian, African or European of descent further, the whole race typing based upon bones and facial features is highly innaccurate.

The data is just not significant enough to support the conclusion that race is fully genetic.

19. Ero-Sennin

You know, you just have to love wry sometimes :p

20. wrydolphin

Here I thought everyone loved me all the time! :eek: :cry: