Apples better than coffee in the morning?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CosmicFish, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

sod coffee and apples, porridge is the way to go!. My mum has about 15 cups of coffee and tea on a morning, might be the reason why she is such a nutter! :)

is tea better for you than coffee?? ive had mixed views on this in the past. I always thought tea had less caffine in it. But have you seen how tea stains the cup real quick? hate to think of what its doing to my insides! :eek:

2. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Ok I've decided to try and do a detox with not having caffiene and it's really getting hard at the moment, my head feels like it's ready to explode or something lol. I've only been on this for a couple of days and I could do with a bit of help or something lol. Does anyone know a quick fix remedy for the headache I've got as I can't have most of the tablets on the market seeing that they have something which I can't have in them. I'm also staying off the drink and smoking as well so I'm really up the wall lol. Does anyone know any herbal or natural stuff I could take to take the edge off a tiny bit. I know I'm crazy for doing this but what the hell, it's me lol :Angel:
    lisa. xx

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

sleeeeeeeep

Sorry I don't know much about herbal suppliments.

Embrace your suffering, it will only make you stronger.
    Or something.

4. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

The headache is all part of caffeine withdrawl. It won't last long, just stick with it! You could drop a few paracetamol throughout the day, just to make it a little more bearable. :)

When I quit caffeine there wasn't any huge change but I did notice the day's highs were a little lower and the day's lows were a little higher. A subtle difference, but an improvement nonetheless.

5. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Caffeine withdrawal headaches are going to vary from person to person. As are the other symptoms and cravings. To say quitting coffee is easy is just not going to be applicable to everyone. I have pretty good will power but quitting coffee for a month is not an easy task for me, even after a few weeks the cravings are strong. I love the stuff even when I'm well beyond the headaches.

I did a fitness assessment yesterday and was requested to consume no caffeine within 12 hours of the assessment which meant skipping my morning coffee fix. Had a thumping headache all day and all the way until I went to sleep. And I only drink a dark coffee (generally less caffeine) in the morning and no other caffeine intake throughout the day (well... no soda, no chocolate, no tea or coffee.) Slept well though.

6. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Thanks for the advice but I can no longer have paracetamol through a bit of an accident a few years ago, I've got to try something else which could work. My head is a bit better today and I've bee to training and it's helped me a great deal but it's tough when you have so called friends teasing you with alcohol, cigs and the rest in front of you. I'm determined to do this even though it's really tough at the moment and I could do with a couple of each thing after training seeing that I've been a bit fustrated in class tonight but that's another story. IF anyone has any bright ideas for me then please let me know.
    lisa xx