Apparently someone is very excited about their 15th Dan....

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Tsukaneru, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

By real ranks in tma I am guessing RP was referring to the menkyo type system. I may be wrong.

Shoden menkyo, chudan menkyo etc etc.

2. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Read the Quality Control in the Bujinkan OP, it is all laid out.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

The avoidance to direct questions and making up a pretend conflict or misunderstanding of a post in this thread is astounding.

4. gapjumper

Where?

Or are people just not understanding the answers given?

5. Ero-Sennin

There are nuggets every once in a while. A good example is John R. Gambits "emperor's new clothes" statement which PR decided to interpret as a comment on Hatsumi's hair. Really?

Not to mention the detour the thread took engaging about the use of poetic prose where assumptions galore were made up and my words interpreted to mean something totally different from what I was saying constantly. Red herrings and pretend conflicts galore. I don't ever have a problem with the infighting and arguments about Ninjutsu going on honestly, it's the lack of getting a direct answer, addressing comments in a way that aren't relevant, and making up pretend issues are my biggest issue. I'm confident that's why some of these threads end up being so damned long.

6. gapjumper

Smoke and mirrors, vagueness, masked comments, evasiveness?

In ninjutsu? What more do you want that points at ninjutsu?

:D

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Maybe this is an example of "hiding in plain sight"?

All the fluff and nonsense that is seen to be the bujinkan (Gaijin 357th dans) is misdirection perhaps?

Or maybe it's all bollocks...I don't know - GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

8. Ero-Sennin

I get it, it's all good and fun but in the context provided it's more like having an argument with somebody who is so dense you can tell them 1+1=2 and they try to argue that it's just our perception and the symbols don't really mean anything or whatever.

Not good for promoting conversation, or finding anything out about Ninjutsu and its practitioners.

9. gapjumper

Precisely!

10. gapjumper

Yup, I think you are getting it now.

11. Hannibal

I suspect that many prefer it that way - at least you could argue it is philosophically consistent with the stated aims of the art

12. Hannibal

Aleister Crowley did similar things with his public writings - he would put just enough cocoa in to make the cake taste of chocolate, but never enough to reveal his private teachings

13. Ero-Sennin

On a discussion forum though?

Let's see if I can formulate an argument for why that violates ToS. Misleading and misdirection on a board used to find information out about martial arts isn't something I think MAP embraces is it?

14. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Always make sure you can kill your students.

15. Hannibal

I do...never without a blade and I always have them lined up

No, really

16. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

So far the only thing I have come to understand about the ranking system is that no one represents the arts that make up the 9 schools. I have seen quotes from soke that says that people in the organization represent them selves. Given that, then I can only infer that Soke and those with the traditional Koryu ranking in the specific schools only represent those schools.(or all of them in sokes case)

Strangely I think im starting to understand it. Even though it has taken me some time thinking about it to get there.

If you only do the modern art of BBT you only represent your self and your teachers.

BBT which is kinda like a stew. Bits and bops of various things, with some major foundational components. It has parts of the 9 schools but not all. Though some schools have more influence then others.

I think what PR is trying to do is get to the point were he is learning the actual school or schools that his teacher has MK in. Which would be a different type of training.

Which if my research is in the right direction would make PR correct. If you want to be of soke level of martial ability in the 9 schools, you have to learn the way he did.

None of which has anything to do with BBT as that is a different art, which means you represent your self. So you have to work hard at your training with good people, if you want to be good at BBT.

So not taking larpers and bad instructors into account, looking at the martial material that is currently IN the BBT system how does it stack up against the content of the 9 schools?

Im talking content for content of martial techniques and theories. How does the BBT system compare, absent the human element(poor instructors) to the individual schools?

I have heard that Training in the individual schools is superior. Why? Im not talking from a larper standpoint of poor instructors but, martial content.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  17. gapjumper

Please note the subject.

And to try to weirdly ban the convo is...odd. Just because you are uncomfortable with it (though why is another matter) is another enigma.

Again, just because the answers are not the ones you want, or maybe understand, does not make them invalid.

Like I said before, self-realisation is worth more than wrote teachings, no?

Or did your "realisation" in fact stir you? Go on admit it :D

18. Ero-Sennin

See, there we go. Either you completely misunderstood what I was saying or you're deflecting it to another pretend argument that seems like it might be relevant but really isn't.

I'm not uncomfortable with it, I'm ****ed off about it. To break it down, if I ask "what is 1+1?" to a math teacher, I don't expect a discussion on symbols and philosophy and how it may or may not be a certain thing, a direct answer is easily achieved. This is what goes on every time I post in the Ninjutsu section. It took pages of extremely long posts and accusations to work through to get to a vague "self realization is worth more than written teachings, no?"

And no, that's complete crap. If people post on the Ninjutsu section trying to guide others to "self realization" through a ton of crap, to come to a conclusion I would have already made without the copious amounts of fluff and a direct answer, then not only is it not worth it to engage in discussion on this forum but it tags those doing it with some delusional feeling of superiority and elitism over others.

"If you don't like it don't post!" right? Well no, that's not how I see it. What I see is a forum that people may be interested in learning about Ninjutsu running into this garbage, or somebody like me who are interested to learn about different martial arts from actual practitioners and can't get a straight answer. Not only that, but if it is in fact intentional by these posters then I think that's a violation of what this forum is meant to be. I'm pretty invested in MAP, it's a community I've enjoyed for years and if this stuff is intentional as you seem to be implying, it makes me angry.

19. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

The inference seems to be that BBT only really exists to support the people learning "teh realz"

I imagine it's the one reasonable comparison with mma , if you want to be good you tend to learn your grappling and striking elements separately , under experts in their chosen field.
    BBT can have a "jack of all trades , master of none" feel at times.

20. gapjumper

Oh!

That seems rather a different tone than your pm.

Maybe my mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.