apFit

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by ap Oweyn, Jul 9, 2013.

1. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

I think you are focusing on the positive side of things which (in my experience) makes a significant difference for the better. The big one with any change in life being whether you think "this is the end of X" or "this is the start of Y" (can be applied to all sorts of situations, including having children which I know you have embraced).
    All the best and keep us updated
    Harry

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn...I has a sad. :(
    Quite honestly with various injuries and family stuff I've come close to dropping martial arts myself. Still have days where I wonder if it's worth carrying on.
    I do judo one night and love it and then hobble round for the next three days and wonder why I bother.
    All the best Stu. You're still my internet Dad. :)

3. ned

ned Valued Member

If it's any consolation I've had just as much or more pleasure in watching my kids learn and develop in MA( and,well life) as in my own training.
    Hope you get some better news with your health soon.

4. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Hey Ap, how's it going?

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Okay, brother. Okay. I'm anticipating a kidney transplant in late June. Biopsy came back clean yesterday. So the vague cancer scare has passed. My daughter was diagnosed with Type I diabetes and my mother suffered two minor strokes. So 2015 has been a little rough on my gene pool. But we're all hanging in. How about you?

Training hasn't consisted of anything more than walks around the building with a Fitbit on, I'm afraid.

6. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Every day above ground is a good day, and hooray for a clear biopsy!

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Couldn't agree more, my friend. :D