Anyone's Taiji Look Like This?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by onyomi, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Jekyll

Jekyll Valued Member

Richard, if your co-operative chi demonstration which I posted earlier; http://www.art-of-energetics.com/SampleClips/Martin 3.2.MPG

is real, and your student can in anyway sense the chi disruption, when he can't see you or know what you are doing then James Randi will give you 1 million dollars. http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

I strongly recomend you get in touch with krammer (the guy running the tests) and begin the preliminary negotiations.

Think of the tai chi centre you could build with that money. You'd have a real opportunity to spread your teachings.

2. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

What a stupid load of trollop, do you really think I don't know about this. It is the usual red heering that idiots like you throw up when confonted with this information. You have to convince people who have invested one million dollars into proving it doesn't exist. And they are right, in their terms and your terms it does not!! Basically because neither of you understand it. Follow that link again and read. You obviously have not read or understood a word of what I have said. Try again.

3. Jekyll

Jekyll Valued Member

It's perfectly simple. If your use of 'energy' can be shown to affect someone to a greater degree than just the combination of mental and physical interaction going on, you are eligible to claim one million dollars!

If not there is no reason to claim the spirit(energy) exists as a seperate entity that you can manipulate in others.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  4. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Richard wrote: " I would also recommend to any young students, or those who haven't grown up yet and still dream of being Bruce Lee, to not train with me and go to a Wudang school or even more effectively go do Systema with Rob Poyton. "

Please don't bring me into this. Especially not in such a patronising manner.

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yeah Rob, I see where your coming from.

Frankly this discussion is a joke. It seems to me that neither side knows what their on about. If either of you had any knowledge or confidence in your art you’d both shut up and rest in peace with its efficacy and value. Yet, since both sides like to jabber on about how great they are and how crap the other party is, it seems to me neither side has much understanding of Tai Chi, if you did you would know that such questions are beyond the realm of intellect and language, hence such discussions gets you nowhere. Stop waiting your energy on pointless pursuits.

All the best..

6. Richard Dunn

Nope, still not got it!

7. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

So forget the language, go look at R Dunns clips, see if what he is doing is what you feel to be tai chi!

Then come back into the real world, use language again and report an opinion!

8. Jekyll

Jekyll Valued Member

You are as informative as ever.

You obviously need to work on your communication skills.

It seems that the only people who can understand what you are trying to say already agree with you.

This is a great failing in a teacher.

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

The thing is a clip is only demonstrative, and not a substitute for experience. You know this, I know this.. so what would me looking at any clips prove.. nothing… the fact that two so called Tai Chi practitioners are cussing each other like little kids. says to me that neither practitioner knows much about the essence of tai chi, nor the implications to intellect that correct practice brings about.. correct from my point of view and experience, which once again as objective as I would like it to be, is subjective.

P. S. My real world and your real world, and anyone else’s real world may be completely different, it is a subjective matter, yet even this statement is subjective.. these are the problems with intellectualizing phenomena. The only absolute is change.

Edit: Had to scarp ;) something.. :D

10. Richard Dunn

Straw pole - it seem those that don't understand (or I should say the vocal ones) are wudang. Any others?

Also every question has been answered, they are probably just not what you expected or wanted in order to further your agenda in the argument.

11. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

I can never understand why people are so closed minded about energy work. Energy work has always been a part of the traditional Yang Tai Chi Chuan. There are some who say it doesn't exist and never did, but indeed it does and the practice still thrives today. The problem, in plain English, is that 99% of Yang (I can only speak about Yang) TC schools today are simply fraudulant, or at best have incomplete training. Most of these schools today are just good at doing a "form" and making it look beautiful, which may be nice for the average housewife or senior citizen, but in no way is this what the traditional TCC is about. The traditional is about many years of hard work. The traditional doesn't mass "Produce" TC teachers of today after 3 short years of training! I personally know of one "housewife" who learned a short form and a wee-bit of push hands, and is now certified from her "famous" teacher to teach Wu style TC. Certificate and all! Very sad indeed. BTW, I know some people who have the ugliest form I've ever seen, but they sure do have some energy and power. Makes you think..... I've also heard that the prettier it is, the less effective it is, but that may be another discussion all together.

12. Richard Dunn

Actually I fully agree with you, it is a serious failing in my personality that I love a good argument, especially when I am bored. I find it entertaining! and as far as I am concerned that is all the web is. Join a club, take on a philosophy, follow a master. They all require an emotional commitment and all forms of commitment are blocks and leave you vulnerable and also can hold back your development. One the hardest things to do especially in the martial art sphere is to maintain an open mind. Human nature makes us angry at what we don't know unless it is something in our future expectations in our school. Then it becomes a wonderous thing. Something is only wonderous when you don't know it, when you know it then it acquires the mundane.

If I said my teacher has wonders I have seen that are beyond those puny clips. Anyway they are on the backside of the website so it shows how much importance they are held in. They are just mudane training, but they are there in part so I can have a giggle with idiots occassionally. I never have to draw attention to them they ferret them out like eager beavers and hold them up to light in triumph.

13. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

So you saw some ofhis clips and they really didn't raise any questions for you?

Questions like:'WTF is this rubbish'? or 'Can they really try to pass this crap off as real when the people in the clips can't stop giggling at their own joke'?

It really looked ok to you? This is really what you feel TCC is?

14. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

People are always afraid of what they don't understand. It's been that way since the dawn of man!! Hence, the LIOKAULT. Such a closed mind will never get you anywhere, but I'm sure you know better!! LOL.

15. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Oh belive me, I understand the clips. I understand how much they hurt RD as well.

What I am asking is how others see the clips.

16. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

How others see the clips? I see them as examples of energy work and chi development between teacher and student. Nothing wrong with that. I see it all the time at my current school. If you don't, then maybe that's something for you to think about, but why all the bashing??? Are you an expert? Do you have 15, 20, or more years of hard TC training? I suspect you don't, so why not be open to other possibilities in your training? If your current teacher doesn't possess these skills or doesn't even acknowledge them, then that again is something for you to think about.

Tai Chi is a very deep ocean, and some practitioners only tread water in the shoreline for their entire lives, but then there are others who go much deeper.

17. Jekyll

Jekyll Valued Member

Well, Liokault?

18. Richard Dunn

If you were there and felt it you would giggle as well, it is just so bizzare. And I am sorry we tend not to take ourselves or anyone else toooo seriously, we av' a good laf'. But at our expense there is no ego involved. Martin in the clips is the first who can do it as well at a teaching level, and a couple of others connect occasionally, always a good sign for correct training. Hopefully we will have a complete school of people enjoying themselves!! Oh how sad that is :)

19. Richard Dunn

How silly, if they hurt me I would take them down. Do you really think I get my students from discussion lists. It is all yesterdays chip wrappers

20. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

No, my teacher doesn't possess those skills. His skill in fraudulently cheating his students with clear ******** is sadly weak.

I suggest that you get thee to a place that will test your TCC against non compliant partners. Partners who have not been brain washed.