Anyone know "Bulletproof Knees?"

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Mitch, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm still struggling with a knee problem and scouting around for more info and help. I came across Bulletproof Knees by Mike Robertson which looks like it might be useful, but it's $99 (plus shipping to the UK of course)!

Before I shell out that much I'd like to get the opinion of anyone who has it or any of Robertson's other work to be sure it's worthwhile, so can anyone enlighten me?

Mitch

2. Wow, that is quite a sum... :(

Osu!

3. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I have to say Mitch - it does ring warning bells.

A genuine product would be available to buy through normal channels and would have peer reviews. The fact that this doesn't suggests that it is merely a collection of advice and exercises that is already out there, dolled up with marketing to make a big buck.

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I don't have 'Bulletproof knees' (in any sense of the meaning :bang:) but I have some other products by Mike Robertson and they are really good. His stuff is of excellent quality and he really knows what he is talking about. Yes his stuff is expensive but, in my experience, it's usually worth it. Obviously I can't recommend a product I haven't viewed yet though.

Try starting with his T Nation article and see what you think.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...=454624372E2D8354D7E0D2BF4D9A30A9-mcd02.hydra

I know of a number of people who've really helped their knee problems by getting their glutes working properly.

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

[cheeky joke]what about arrow-proof knees?[/cheeky joke]

*runs away*

more seriously, what is your specific knee problem? maybe someone will have first-hand experience with it that they could post here for free. as far as the product goes, it does seem a bit too obsessively marketed, but from what i've seen that's true of 99% of fitness products...

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

you know what else costs £99? basic private health care.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That is part of Big Pharma Betty!

....or did they get to you to?

As for the course Mitch, I haven't got any of his stuff but he seems to have a reasonable rep. He is more like Pavel and less like Furey from what I can tell

8. Mitch

I'm seeing a pysio through BUPA anyway, this is more to gain an understanding of the joint and to look at what I can work on in future to prevent it happening again. I doubt I'll shell out the cash but I thought it was worth gathering any info on the guys reputation (I've heard some good things) before hitting ebay :D

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Mike Robertson's stuff is really good, but $99 is a lot, especially with the current exchange rate.

10. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

When things cost this much it is no wonder people pirate material. If it is good and helps then it is money well spent, if not then what a waste of cash.

11. Osu Mitch,

Hummm......... a good physio is a very valuable resource!
    I agree with you, injuries have a way of pushing you to understand anatomy and body mechanics... knees, shoulders, wrists, hips, hamstrings, etc... :)
    Some really good designer put these things together in a coherent system...

Why don't you partner with him/her and write a pdf with your own experience in rehabbing, then prefabbing your knees?
    You could sell it on MAP for 2.99 - as an e-doc, the fulfilling & shipping are at no cost!

Osu!

12. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I would obviously never recommend 'bitt torrent' to anyone....

13. Mitch

I just wanted to note here that I've had lots of offers of all sorts of help from lots of MAPers on sorting out my knee. I'm not going to mention everyone by name but you know who you all are and it's very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Mitch

14. Mike Robertson

Mike Robertson New Member

Mitch -

Send me a direct message with your home address and I'll send you a copy of the manual free of charge. My treat.

Cheers
    MR

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Wow! that is awesome!

Have I mentioned recetly to Ferrari that I was thinking about buying one of their cars.......?

16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nice gesture Mike, welcome to MAP.:cool:

17. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

WOW what a gent, (or an elaborate practical joke)

welcome to map Mike, i've just been reading some of your articles online, good stuff the bits i read.

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome to MAP, thanks for being EPIC.

19. Mitch

Wow! :)

Firstly, welcome to MAP Mike, it's great to have you here!

Secondly thank you very much, that's an extremely generous offer! I'll email you my address via the contact details on your website.

Really, thank you very much, I promise a review on MAP as soon as I've read it.

Cheers,
    Mitch

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Can I echo what has been said already! That's a great gesture Mike and I'm really glad you decided to join MAP. I look forward to any advice or comments you contribute!