Anyone know any martial arts in .....

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rataca100, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Ok.

Let us know how you get on when you get to a class.

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I always leave early before attending a new club in an area I am not familiar with. I find that street view in Google maps is excellent generally for seeing what the place actually looks like and any local landmarks nearby.

Knee Rider likes this.
  3. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Google maps. Directions. Mobile data. Problem solved.

I guess we all work differently though and some people like a dry run to calm the nerves and so they feel they know what to expect. The OP seems pretty tentative, so maybe it'll help them.

Dan93 likes this.
  4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I get that, but in this day and age where everyone (well most) has a smart phone, as long as you have data or a nearby WIFI hot spot its pretty hard to get lost. I always save a contact number just in case.

Going to a new club can be unnerving but it is never as bad as you think. Just go for it and let us know how it goes!

5. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

it wont be open wehn i go and the entire reason i would be going is to find a route to it, its one thing to look at a map another to actually go to the palce and find where it is. XD Thats literally it, i cant go if i dotn know where it is and its better to walk the route first anyway.

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Go soon enough and there won't be a problem.
    And I never the places I took a look at; I checked which train/ bus would go closest and look from there.
    Worst case: Ask people where "street x" is and fine.

And why can't you look at one place, because you are looking for a second one (when do you want to do that anyway, if you only have weekends to train?)?

Seriously, you seem to be looking for excuses not to go.

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

They are not excused, but the buses dotn run sundays, weekdays they are done at 17:00-20:00. Saturadays are hte onyl tiem to go and i allr eayd have looked at the bus and trains, trains ar ereletively new to me and only been on one. Im nto accustoned to going to cities let alone the public transport by myself let alone at night. Considering i really want to do juijitsui and thats BJJ i can do, really not excuses. :p

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You've mentioned Eskrima and Ju Jitsu.

I can't advertise, but something really big is happening this weekend and you should contact @Hannibal today.

Send him a message and he'll let you know what is happening.

9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Oooo, shall do.