Anyone know any martial arts in .....

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rataca100, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Not going to post it in full title and technically a continuation on where my threads usually go. Does anyone have any good/respectable Krav maga, Arnis, Kungfu, juijitsui,any weapon based martial arts and Muay Thai in the Peterbroough area?

I belive i have found a Lau gar kungfu in the area and Krav maga all ready that is respectable, but i dont know about the juijuitui and Arnis i found there, nor Kapkido or wingchun if it exists there. I would also not want to travel there to do karate when i have access to TKD which seems like an acceptable substitute. So, back to the questions and hopefully some i have interestst in turns up, i think i found a good Muay Thai as well at that Immortal place, so all those listed there ar ecovered unless you can find some which do them on weekends.

(as much as it pains me to ask, preferably in the city though)

2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Under revisment, i believe i should cite the places i found to make it easier for people who do them/know about them to give opinions:

The Krav maga i was looking at has deactivated their facebook page or at elast doesnt use it anymore and their website cites to a email so that one will come later. Facebook page anyway: Apolaki Krav Maga - Peterborough should anyone know what happened or if its still going

For the arnis/Juijutsui i foudn this: KSOMA - King's School of Martial Arts Peterborough In all honesty it looks ehh to me.

For Muay thai and various other ones i found: Home

these people do Lau Gar in the area: Home

I will add more as i find them and such, just figure it would be better to link the pages of the places i found to get opinion on them.

(please tell me if it breaches ToS, will get told anyway)

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

There's at least two BJJ places in peterbough, one of which is a full time mma gym too.

4. Dead_pool

5. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

6. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Just another point, can anyoen tell me if that juijitsui and Arnis is any good and can somonetell me if there are any good Krav magas and such around there? I dont ahve experience and some of them are contract ones and look mc dojo ish.

7. Dead_pool

A Contract doesn't mean it's bad, however they should offer a good free trial and cancellation fees shouldn't be more then the price of a standard month.

Both places I linked seem good.

Personally I would say good krav is exceptionally rare.

Knee Rider likes this.
  8. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Why don't you just go try some of them?

I wouldn't bother with the kempo Jujitsu based on the website (what there is of it) and my own training experience but then maybe you would and should.

Just go to one you can get to and see what you think else it's gonna be procrastination central forever.

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Going to see about the BJJ place maybe the BJJ and MMA place. :p

Just need to find a weapon one and/or striker now.

10. Knee Rider

Good lad.

Let us know what you reckon to the places.

11. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Wont be open when i go. :p (first time anyway)

12. Dead_pool

The mma place will include striking.

13. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Kind of limited to weekends. sadly.

14. Knee Rider

What won't be open?

15. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

The place i am going to look at, the Icon jui juitsui palce, well it might be the wing chun but very unlikely.

16. Knee Rider

So the places you are going to see aren't open??

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

If your limiting yourself to one or two classes a week, I would pick one thing and get good at it.

18. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Well, i am goignt o go look at where it is first the building then plan to go when its open.

19. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Google maps is easier...

20. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Yeah, but no point getting lost if there is a time limit before the lesson starts.