anybody know a website that breaks down the nunchaku forms?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by nunchaku8587, Jul 1, 2003.

1. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

hey, i was wondering if anybody knew a website that breaks down the nunchaku forms with pictures, step by step. please leave links to the websites if you know some. thanks!!!

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Nunchaku forms for what style?

3. nunchaku8587

any style, i'm just looking for forms because nobody will teach me

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Have they given you a reason? They are dangerous weapons. You shouldn't learn to use them without proper supervision. I've been doing a style that incorporates nunchuks for nearly 3 years, and I'm not considered proficent enough to use them yet.

Do you study a martial art?

5. Jazman

Jazman New Member

Also to take into consideration is are they legal around your area? I know many places in the US they're illegal and you need a license of proficiency to own and then are only allowed certain places. Make sure you get some foam ones if you're gonna get some and don't use real ones unless you get proper training. I personally have never tried them because I'm not trained in them and would be scared to death of breaking somebodies face. So basically unless you have a proffessional to train u or have proficiency in something similar don't even start with them.

6. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Wow, You must be really bad ;)

The first weapons form I teach is nunchaku, they're easy to learn.

Just start hitting the bag (and not your hand) that will do you more good then a form...

Oh, and it's probably in your best interest to start with foam ones.

7. nunchaku8587

i'm sure they're not illigal were i live, but my teachers told me to hide them anyway. and i do have foam ones. plus i've been training in tae kwon do for 10 years and i'm pretty damn good with a bo. it's not that my teachers dont want me to learn, it's that most of them dont remember alot of the movements (they know alot of other styles and they practiced the nunchaku earlier in their training as a martial artist) so it's pretty much that they're sending me on my own to find what i want to know, and offering whatever advice and support they can offer along the way. and since i learn better by seeing things, that's why i requested a website that breaks down the forms with pictures instead of just text. so again, any websites you guys may know post em for me, it's greatly appreciated

8. nunchaku8587

and also, i've been practicing with a single nunchaku for about 2 months now, so i got the hang of striking and blocking

9. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

In fact, /any/ website showing /any/ forms fully would be nice. I'm starting to believe they don't exist.

10. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

There aren't many, but a few do exist. They are all fairly recently created though. Matayoshi created a few, Taira Shinken did a couple. I don't know where to find them online though.

11. Jags

Jags New Member

i did find a few, but that was a while back, u should just try searching nunchaku form on goofle or summin, i'm sure there are sum

12. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

13. nunchaku8587

redhotdragon, you are the absolute best!

14. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

15. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Did somebody mention Matayoshi :D

16. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

i started with wooden ones, its painfull but u learn fast! :)

17. nunchaku8587

redhotdragon, you definitly kick a$$, keep em comin as you get em!!! much thanks!!!

18. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

A little slow on that aren't you? ;)

Anyway, My bad, won't happen again :D

19. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

np, i had a pair of octagonal red-oak corded ones, but now have a pair of those ball bearing gold dragon ones you see all over the internet and i've never looked back :)