Anybody else use their children like this?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Clumsy Ninja, May 31, 2003.

1. Clumsy Ninja

Clumsy Ninja New Member

My 5 year old son who likes to mirror EVERYTHING I do picked up his nerf bat and started swinging it at me while I was practicing my Kali in the garage.

So I taught him angle 1 and 2 attacks and practiced my deflections :D

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I use my children like that all the time! Wait.....I don't have any children.:cry: If I did I guess it would be useful, I'm gonna go have some.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Oh yes. Both of my kids train with me - inside & outside of the MA class environment.

4. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

i better go and have a kid then, if i ever have one what do u think about calling it bruce leeor grandmaster hee il cho lol, dont think the missis would be very impressed

5. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member

Son

I've been training my son ever since he could stand (Around 1yr.)

I remember being woken up from a nap by a rattan stick to my head. I look up & My son starts laughing Saying "Hit Daddy".

Peace

6. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

7. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

child of MAist are very scary I have friend whos son about 2 yrs old could swong a mean stick of rattan and I mean mean if my friend hadnt been blocking like demon he would have been hurt it sounded lie gunshots when the rattan hit tegether. *shudder*

8. Kaith Rustaz

Kaith Rustaz New Member

I've been showing my nephew some of the basics. He's got a good grasp of the little bit I've shown him. I'm hoping to get him into classes soon as he's a fast learner, but needs better instruction than I can give him at this time.

I have that fear I'm teaching the next Sithlord. :) (ref to Kenobis fear of failure, for those not familiar with starwars)

9. BadMunkey

BadMunkey New Member

I teach my friends kids a few basics here n there.. they pick it up quite well if i can keep their attention long enuff!!

I swear my kids will be doin all kinds of flips and martial arts by the time tey are out of nappies!... I dont have any kids yet.. but when i do... watch out for ya shins! lol

10. Peaceful_John

Peaceful_John New Member

I did yoga for a while to help my flexibility ( <sarcasm>i think it helps flexibility, doesn't it?</sarcasm>) and one day my daughter started doing the exercises along with me. I was amazed to find that she had little trouble doing any of the exercises. She was doing them better than me and I had been doing yoga for months. I guess 4 year olds probably get lots of exercise and stretching while playing than I do in my little 30 minute sessions I sometimes do.

11. BadMunkey

BadMunkey New Member

Children are able to pick up new things much easier than adults and a childs body is naturaly more flexible than an adults. ya can almost tie a young childs body in knots and sit them in the splits with out them caring (up to a certain age) as a rule of thumb the younger the child, the more flexibility it has.