any tips for blue belt

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by ade1971, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ade1971

ade1971 Valued Member

hello I am about to do my blue grading in Jiu jitsu in a few months and was wondering if any one had any tips I know most people on this forum don't believe in belts but this would be good if I could get my blue belts thanks

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

every org has a different syllabus.

So the generic make sure you know everything, dont rush, and know the names is my advice.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Like any test man, homework is key. Get the syllabus, then get someone to basically go through the whole thing with you, like a mock exam.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Over and over again for at least a month before the test. Over and over again.

Then repeat that formula for every test thereafter.

5. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

If you weren't ready they wouldn't be grading you, so relax.

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Check your syllabus, work out what you need to know then drill it relentlessly. Without knowing which association you belong to, it's impossible to say much more about the actual revision.

7. ToddSchweinhart

ToddSchweinhart Valued Member

It sometimes helps if you teach the material, including small details, to better understand it yourself. Even if you do it by yourself, what points would you teach someone to help make them get better, or understand the content? As others have said I am sure you are ready. The worse thing that can happen is your "fail" your test but still get better! Still a winning situation.

Best,

Todd Schweinhart

WWW.YOSHINDOJO.COM

8. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Yep. I found this out back in college when cramming for exams. At blue belt, you're not formally teaching anyone but pretend to be, in your head. It really helps remembering the material and getting a better grasp on the teachniques and their finer points.