Any Personal Trainers out there?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ero-Sennin, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm currently working on a certification from the American Counsel of Exercise (ACE) for being a personal trainer. I'm going to be moving to the Washington DC area with my wife who is currently in Law School there, and am looking for personal training to be my profession and am looking for any advice on how to pursue this career route.

To go a little more in depth, I only plan on being a regular gym personal trainer for about two years until my wife is finished with law school, and then I plan on going back to college for a BA in kinesiology or some form of sports science in order to gain better certifications and connections to further a career in personal training. I would like to get to the point where I'm either providing my services to combat athletes, or owning my own gym that offers combat sports.

I still have to start at step one though. I have a good amount of experience in working out myself, and have often helped others but I am still not confident in being able to work as a personal trainer as soon as I get a certification. I would like to do an apprenticeship or internship at a gym before I plunge into being a personal trainer.

So that said, if anyone who is a personal trainer that has some advice on the best ways to go about this or different resources I could use to accomplish this to augment my own searches I would very much appreciate it.