Any Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by JuanBarry, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JuanBarry

JuanBarry Valued Member

It's my college's RAG (Raise Awareness and Give) week next week and one of the events is a Staff vs. Clubs vs. Boxing Club at boxing. I have absolutly n o experience at boxing, no real grasp on the rule set other than hands only (but i can look that up myself). So in keeping with the charitable nature of the week, i want to win :D so anyone here have any tips for someone with no experience at boxing that could get them through a shortish fight (besides obvious ones like keep our guard up, i'm looking for sneaky, yet fair, tricks please).

Much appreciated.

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Piece of advice #1
    DON'T FIGHT THE GUY FROM THE BOXING CLUB

Keep your hands up, throw straight punches instead of haymakers and stay at a long range.

3. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Lol definately avoid the boxer! And good advice too.

A good move i enjoy doing is jabbing to the body when they jab, you go right under their jab, make contact = a point, then come over with a right hand.

Good luck anyway and enjoy it

4. JuanBarry

JuanBarry Valued Member

cheers, it's ok, the boxers are only people who took it up at the start of this college year so they have 3 months training max (granted that's 3 months more than me) so it's not too bad. I'm trying to avoid the lads in the kickboxing club on the national team though, they're both pretty big :rolleyes:

sounds just like Karate, i should be ok so :D