Any had any experience with David Burke - Doce Pares

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Dan93, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Hi all,

I have noticed a Doce Pares Eskrima instructor by the name of David Burke has recently opened a class near me and I am really interested in training, I will be popping down to see for myself but I am curious if anyone has had any experience with him?
    His advert mentions he trained under Master Nimesh Desai who after a brief look online seems to be linked to GM Danny Guba which looks like a good sign.

I have noted he also teaches small circle Jujitsu alongside it but I am mostly interested in his Eskrima althrough I have a open mind to it.

Thanks

Dan

2. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

I'm not familiar with this instructor, but Doce Pares is a good system.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I don't know David Burke, but do know Nimesh and can confirm he is under GM Danny Guba.

Nimesh is a good guy and well respected, so I'd be confident in training under one of his guys.

Nimesh keeps good company. Here's a picture of a seminar I was at with Nimesh.

GM Danny Guba, GM Danny Huertas, Lee Banda (5th Dan) and former instructor of both myself and Hannibal.

Nimesh is on GM Guba's left.

SDC10025.jpg

Nimesh about to be killed by GM Guba.

SDC10022.jpg

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Cool, thanks Simon.

Pretty stoked to find a class near me as always had a interest in FMA, sounds like they have a good pedigree so really looking forward to training.

Will give some feedback after I pop down next week.

Cheers

Dan

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Update on this. Popped down yesterday and was really impressed with the class. good emphasis on the basics, saw lots of sparring and did a lot of impact work, looks like they compete as well. Pretty friendly club overall.

Dave (The instructor) apparently does know you Simon when I mentioned this thread, mentioned you have met through Lee Banda at one of his seminars.

Guess its time to buy some sticks then as I am a newly minted Escrimador.