Any good schools in the London area?

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Bigfoot, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Smile, laugh, be happy!

Hi all you people out there in the London area.

Can any of you recommend a Jiu-Jitsu school in the London area? I have a student that is moving there around August this year. She will be there for about a year.

If possible the school should use lock series and have an open curriculum.

If you know of anything like this, please post it here or e-mail me. A web address would also be nice.

Thanks,

Bigfoot

2. Sc0tsg1t

Sc0tsg1t New Member

A potential club

One of the clubs I have trained at in the london area and one I favour due to their good natured and open minded personality is based in Bexleyheath (around 25 - 35 mins travel from Central London by train and easily accessed). It is based on Kempo Kai and comes under the organisation run by Colin Elgie. The club is instructor is known as Keith and they run classes 3 days a week in cluding Sunday. They have very good female exponents and they also train in a very realistic manner with a good emphasis on fitness.

If it won't be too much of a journey for your student (depending on where they end up staying in London) then I'll provide the rest of the details for you and perhaps send you the contact details of Keith himself.

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Smile, laugh, be happy!

Thanks ScOtsg1t. She leaves in about a month and will be in London for a year. Have you heard of Soke Richard Morris? He is also in the London area, but I can't find a homepage for him. A lot of schools write about him, but I can't find anything from him. My instructor Hanshi Norbert Domrös has recommended him. I hear he is a little ruthless with his students, though. Any feedback?

4. Sc0tsg1t

Sc0tsg1t New Member

I'll do what I can

Bigfoot.

Details to follow :)

5. johnson

johnson Valued Member

excellent club

Sensei Ken Culshaw has an excellent club. Turnpike lane on a Mon at 8.00-10.00 at the school. Also Hatfield leisure centre on Wed 8.00 and Sat 5.00. Also Welham Green community centre on Thurs at 7.30. Lots of women train on a thurs. It is extremely good laugh!
    regards.