Any good schools in Christchurch NZ

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Woz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Woz

Woz New Member

Hi, I am new to Tai Chi being currently only 10 weeks into this wonderful art and am hooked already.

I am currently found a teacher who runs a number of courses at a local school in the evening. I am in the introductory class so there is a strong focus on basic Qi Qong along with slow introduction into the 24 form. I am quite happy with the instructor as he appears quiet knowledgeably in a number of forms (108, 42, sword, staff), He understands and demonstrates martial application as he introduces new parts of the form and is fluid in his movements when he performs.

The trouble is that due to the course format and setting there is a wide mix of ages many of which are not interested in the martial side, so would like to hear if anyone knows good teachers in Christchurch New Zealand.

Even just starting I have realized what a deep and complex martial art this is. I also realize how bad my normal posture really is lol, how is it us humans normally have no concept of how to use our own body structures to the full :)

Also is there any cross training I should look at to improve my strength or is Qi Gong and the Form enough in that correct form eases much of the strain.

Woz