Antony Cummins - Latest News

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Manga, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manga

Manga Moved On

So there I was, minding my own business, when *ping*, an email arrives. One of my friends sent me the following. For the record, it is not a private message but rather something published to a public mailing list. That should make it TOS compliant. If it is not then I do apologise to the mods but I believe I'm acting within TOS so we should be okay.

So even Wikipedia is unwilling to allow Antony Cummins to comment on the subject as they don't believe he's a reliable researcher. And here he is trying to find people who will help him get round that. Perhaps we can get people on Wikipedia to discuss his research methods (a.k.a. plagiarism) so that he is not allowed to post material to bolster his false authority?

2. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

To be fair, he was right about one thing. Manga is a true ninjette and probably has "t3h r34lz"

3. Flimfam

Flimfam Valued Member

"studet of Dennis Bartram, the head of Amatsu UK"

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No problem here.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"Into every generation a Slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the charlatans, trolls, and the forces of bullshido darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. She is the Slayer. She is Manga."

With apologies to Buffy. :)

6. Manga

Manga Moved On

Ahh, but who would play me in the movie? :hat:

7. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Jock Brocas.

8. Manga

Manga Moved On

I never did like you Jibrank :hammer: :hat:

Actually I think Janeane Garofalo would do very nicely. Smart, sassy and sexy. Issue her with a Trollhammer +5 and this movie will be an academy award winner :cool:

Attached Files:

9. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

:D

Is this meant to be a clue to your identity like when Woodward/Bernstein mentioned that Hal Holbrook (who played him in the film) looked like the actual Deep Throat (who turned out being the similar looking Mark Felt)?

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Manga... deepthroat... now THAT movie would sell!

11. Canit

Canit Valued Member

And with that my crush for you deepens.

I sure hope you are not some chunky flatulent git, perched in front of the computer with cracker crumbs on your undershirt, sweating in your stained skivvies.

If you are, do not spoil it for me. OK?

12. TomD

TomD Valued Member

These things are why one should always take wiki with a grain of salt (that users can actually shape wiki, also ignorant ones or ones with an agenda. And of course the mere existance of Manga. Someone with skills like that can not be trusted. What if SHE would cross to the dork side?)

Tom.

13. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Interesting,the home page says
    Welcome to Wikipedia,the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

but I guess what they actually meant was
    Welcome to Wikipedia,the free encyclopedia that anyone with the notable exclusion of Antony Cummins can edit.

14. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

And for me - the crush weakens.

[sarcasm]
    I love hollywood types who think we care about their opinions on world events, politics, etc...
    [/sarcasm]

The picture above wasn't bad, but the picture doesn't talk...

-Daniel

15. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

On a related note, there already is an English language translation for sale by Axel Mazuer.

I looked a copy over in my local bookstore. It seems a decent translation from Japanese to English. I did not spot any glaring errors. The commentary is a lot lighter than I have been putting in to explain various items. Still, considering what we have seen from Anthony Cummings, less commentary is better than the flawed comments we have seen from him.

So why would someone buy his version later when they could buy a more established one right now?

16. ninpei

ninpei Valued Member

the skill of Don

Hi Don

I would like to say I have read your last post and that you have seen the Shoninki done by Axel Mazuer and that you say “there seem to be no glaring mistakes”.

I want to give you this chance to double check Don, many people “rate” you and your Shoninki translation. So in fairness, please check again as it is your reputation that is on the line here.

Then tell me if there are no GLARING mistakes. I will wait for you to come back and tell us if you find any.

Also, please do not come back with the excuse that you do not want to give me the answers. My book went to print, I have no more control over it, all my mistakes are now in black and white. Also, there are enough mistakes to go round, so just a few of the mistakes you can not find will be fine.

Manga, looking forward to your review and our bet, remember, you said you would side with me and support me if our translation turned out to be good! I hope you have been practicing your sosho? (and I hope you can pull some great Kanji out of the bag and prove me wrong!)

Antony Cummins

17. ninpei

ninpei Valued Member

P.s

On TV soon! will link you

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  18. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

I remember Ashida Kim had a similar issue with updating his own page. Go figure.

You can read the discussion at Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ashida_Kim/Archive_1

19. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

That is a very demanding attitude considering that you have ignored answering many questions yourself.

If I get a copy, I might do a revue. In the meantime, you can start answering questions instead of giving excuses and laying down conditions before you say you will answer.

20. Gun De Niro

Gun De Niro Valued Member

I, for one, would be very interested to hear about Mr Cummins training with Tanemura Sensei at the Genbukan Honbu Dojo in Japan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.