Anthropogenic Global Warming

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Slindsay, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I got annoyed reading something about Global Warming in the media (again) so now I'm going to vent by linking everyone to the real scientific controversy:

http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar...&btnG=Search&as_sdt=2000&as_ylo=2010&as_vis=0

As always google search isn't perfect, it includes books and the odd editorial that aren't peer reviewed but it's still apretty good start.

And as alway anyone who doesn't agree with the idea of AGW wont bother to read this and will link to an editoril or a book as their evidence not udnerstanding the difference between academic articles and books :cry:

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Smurf

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Why would you start this thread?! I can already sense the waves of stupidity and pseudo-scientific dumbassery that this thread practically guarantees.

If anyone makes an assertion about climate change in this thread without a peer reviewed reference, I'm going to kick a puppy. I am not even remotely joking.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

This subject is one of the worst for bad science, from both sides of the debate.

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

But global warming is totally real, Al Gore told me so! Are you telling me a politican lied? :eek:

6. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

The Sun is the Earth's primary source of heat.
    Global warming is all about heat.
    Therefore, the Sun is to blame.

Remove the Sun, and global warming will not longer be a problem.

Solved.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's getting hotter in Washington.

Seattle weather.jpg

Just sayin.

8. Gary

9. Simon

Coma wins. :cry::cry::cry:

You've had that on your PC all afternoon waiting for the right time to post. Me too.

10. Gary

Yes but with my responsible mod hat on I may have to ban myself.

11. Simon

Benefit of the doubt, just this time.

12. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

LOL guess i wasnt the only one who thought that pic looks like something else. ;)

13. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Yes but look at the mountains in Colorado !!!::yeleyes:yeleyes:

14. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Saw her on the news while waiting in Seattle airport, made the trip a lot better.

15. Simon

For your viewing pleasure. :heart:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JTTD-zFUc&feature=related"]YouTube - La bellÃ*sima Elizabeth Damián[/ame]

I love the internet. Her name is Elizabeth Damiain. :love:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUiZHDotNg&feature=related"]YouTube - La guapÃ*sima Elizabeth Damián presentadora del clima en Guadalajara[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  16. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

That could be a problem. You're watching a hurricane alert and afterwards someone asks you what the weather forecast was like and all you can say is "Damn fine"

17. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Just out of curiosity, do you guys have to use the .co.uk version of the site over in the UK? Whenever I use google scholar for my research, I always use the regular scholar.google.com address, which actually returns slightly different results: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q="anthropogenic+global+warming"&hl=en&as_sdt=800001&as_sdtp=on or at the very least, has a different ordering (I haven't checked carefully enough--it's possible that it's the latter if the ranking is at all related to popularity).