Another newbie

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Wynnston, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Hello all, I've been hanging around MAP for a few months reading posts and I thought it was time to join the group & introduce my existence!

I have been doing Choi Kwang Do for about 2 years with no experience of another MA unless about 15 years of fencing counts :). I have read some very thoughtful, thought provoking posts by people who seem to have a lot of experience, enthusiasm and knowledge about their arts. I hope to progress through my martial odyssey and still retain those traits.

Best Regards

Wynnston

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

alreet wynnston, welcome to MAP

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

4. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Welcome!:)

Used to fence un undergrad.:)

5. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Excellent!

I had seen fencing mentioned in a few JKD posts but I hadn't got as far as your articles. Very interesting and good to see. Unfortunately some CKD instructors only seem to concentrate on the negative aspects of fencing as they see it in respect to CKD (feet position mainly). Personally I think fencing has a lot to offer any martial art that involves any sort of sparring particularly WRT a sense of distance, timing, economy of movement and how not to telegraph intention.

Engarde & Pil Sung!!

W

6. Roga

Roga Wanderer

Welcome to MAP and Good luck with your Fencing and MA.

What type of Fencing? I took Foil for a lttle bit.

7. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Foilist

Foil mainly but also some epee. I used to love the training but never quite managed to break into the UK competitions big time. 3 kids, lack of age on my side and a 24/7 job has pretty much killed that ambition!!!!

Still, there is so much I can learn from the MA universe that I don't think I need to take up dominoes just yet!!!

W

8. Welcome!

PS: How can you have 0 posts, and already posted 3 times?

9. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Eh?!?!?!?

Mmmm, hadn't noticed that. I was using the grey submit reply box at the bottom of the page rather than the red post reply button.

Trying the red button this time.

W

10. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Weird

Now I'm getting worried - do I actually exist?!

W

11. lol

Man. Mine doesn't increase either...

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Simple: Posts in the intro section don't count towards your post count.

It's to stop people just posting "Hi" to every newbie because they want to get a post in rather than genuinely welcome someone.

13. Ahhh.... Guess I'm a newbie too... :p

14. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Penny drops

Thanks Yoda - probably in the rules somewhere which I er should probably um read at some point.

W

15. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hello Wynnston :)

16. iElix

iElix Valued Member

hi welcome to MAp

17. Mordred

Mordred New Member

Hello Wynnston,

Welcome to MAP, I look forward to your posts.