Another forum Newbie

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Levo, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Hi everybody

This is my first time on this forum, I've read some great stuff already and look forward to joining in.

My MA background:

- I started in Shotokan Karate at the age of seven and did that for about 8 years (2nd Dan in KUGB, JKA and EKA).

- After a bit of a break I got back in to MA through Geoff Thompson. I did about two years with Geoff learning about Self Protection and Mixed Martial Arts. I am a BCA instructor.

- At that time I became involved with the early MMA internet scene and helped form Submission Fighting UK (www.SFUK.net). I now compile the SFUK News column in Martial Arts Illustrated magazine, write the free email SFUK Newsletter (over 500 readers) and run SFUK events such as the SFUK Open Mats.

- My passion for MMA and grappling took over and I moved in to Shootfighting (I'm an instructor under August Wallen of Shooters International). I now teach at Leicester Shootfighting.

- My obsession with MMA has led to me doing seminars, instructional videos, articles and more.

My main Martial Arts interests are: MMA, Submission Wrestling, Self Protection and Combatives. In addition, I'm just getting in to weapons and the JKD approach to things.

Basically, I love martial arts and it's a huge part of my life.

Regards

Nathan

Last edited: Nov 1, 2002
  2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hiya Nathan (Levo)

Welcome to the forum :)

I have been keenly watching SFUK for a while now. Good forum btw. Nice to have more fellow addicts of MA on the forum and look forward to your input.

It didn't escape my notice that you mentioned you have some articles...

We would be delighted to have them on our forum, please forward them either to myself yellowtiger40@yahoo.co.uk or to Cooler (forum owner) for submission: info@martialartsplanet.com.

3. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Hi Melanie

I love SFUK but we have a big problem with people trolling the forum.

Yep, I've done a couple of articles. In fact, I've got four pages in the NHB Supplement which comes with the November issue of Martial Arts Illustrated (terrible pics of me in there though). I think I'm going to write some stuff for Karl Tanswell's new site (http://www.KarlTanswell.com) then I'll do some stuff for here if you'd like.

Btw, is it ok to put up a thread giving details of my videos?

4. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hi Nathan,

Yes please, that would be great if you could submit some articles to us. Thanks for that.

5. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hi levo welcome to forums
    it's cool u hav studied with Geoff...i hav read his articles...his is damn good...
    cheers mate
    -TkdWarrior-

6. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

Welcome Levo. Enjoy ya self!

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi bud :D

((((wave))))

Great to see you here. :)

8. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Hi Yoda,

*waves back*

I followed your link on SFUK, I'd never heard of this place before.

Thanks to the others for their welcomes too.

TkdWarrior, Geoff is amazing and has been a big influence on me over last few years. I'm privileged to have him in my life.

9. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Waz up---------------------------

:eek: Things are growing fast heer :D

10. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Welcome to the forums. You will enjoy it here, I'm sure:D

11. Dragon_Princess

Welcome my friend!

12. Dragon_Princess