Annyong ha shimnikka

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Cap, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Hello - I study Korean martial arts. I originated in Tang Soo Do and studied that for many years and then went to Tae Kwon Do for a while. I am still involved in TKD here in New Hampshire. It appears that there really is no Moo Duk Kwan in New Hampshire to speak of.

I love the idea of a forum where I can chat with other martial artists from around the world. I look forward to chatting with many of you.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Welcome to MAP Mr Cap :D

3. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Cho-a-yo

Started with Mu Duk Kwon myself. Welcome to MAP

4. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Welcome aboard!!

Sorry, but I have to know: is Andy Cap your real name, or are you a fan of the chip-eating, couch-sleeping, soccer-player of the same name?

5. SecurityAdvisor

SecurityAdvisor Valued Member

Hi Andy,

Welcome to MAP. I also study Korean Martial Arts (Hapkido and TKD) and live in Dover NH. What area of the state are you from?

6. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Hey there everyone - thanks for the warm welcome :)

Security I live over in Merrimack. Actually, I am training in Weare right now with Master Couhie. He teaches both TKD and Hapkido, but he has seperate classes for them. He has a strong background in Moo Duk Kwan and that is why it work so well for me, besides the fact that he is a very honorable and respectable man!!

Andy Cap is not my real name, but I do like the cartoons. It would be funny if that was my real name hehe

7. YODA

We have a new user awaiting authorisation...

Username: Cappeh

Another Network Support Engineer, does Moo Duk Kwan, also from New Hampshire, USA. Also using the same IP address as you.

Care to shed any light on the situation?

8. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Absolutely Yoda - sorry about that. I had registered from work yesterday because I was eager to start posting and chatting. Well, I cannot use my hotmail at work because it is blocked - I used my work email. When I left to go home the account was registered and such so I changed the email on this account to my Hotmail. I didn't realize this would require that I go through the whole moderation process again. Well, long story even longer...I got home and this account just didn't work. I made Cappeh thinking I could just use that account.

The problem is there is really no way to contact any of you if our accounts don't work - actually let me correct that - I did finally get to someone via email, and they reactivated this account correctly - :). Please feel free to kill the "Cappeh" account, and sorry for all of the confusion. bleh

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  9. YODA

Thanks - I'll remove "Cappeh"

All accounts are checked MANUALLY before we authorise them. That can take a day. Patience Grasshopper :Angel:

10. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Thank you Yoda - I am an eager badger, but I will work on being more patient in the future. BTW I love the black belt - lol

11. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

welcome to MAP [​IMG]
    one more TKD martial artist here [​IMG]
    stop by at the ''TKD Check in'' forum [​IMG]

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

alreet Andy, welcome to MAP :)

watch out, we like badgers: [​IMG]

:D

13. YODA

Ok - we have ANOTHER new member with your IP Address.... Dojangwarrior

Comments?

14. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

I have nothing to do with that. I am at work right now. Is it this IP address that I am posting from right now? I only have this one account now, and that is all I need.

p.s. - I work for a rather sizable company - it is possible that someone is going out on the same IP? Doubtful, but I am not sure what the answer would be.

15. YODA

It is possible - but another new member, and also a Korean MA stylist?

I spotted Dojangwarrior trying to contact you by email earlier too.

16. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Really? Hmm teh plot thickens. Is this person registered and ok now? Maybe I can clear this up with them? I did send you a PM concerning this. The only other thing that coudl be thrown into the mix is that my wife studies Tae Kwon Do as well - In fact that is how met. She has never gotten into forums chat though so I doubt it was her, plus she has my work email addy.

I am perplexed. :Alien:

17. dojangwarrior

dojangwarrior New Member

dojangwarrior

study at Master Couhie's as well. Fun classes...hard training!

18. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Hehe - mystery solved! My wife logged in with her own account. Sneaky isn't she? I met my wife in martial arts years ago. It is a great story we can tell some time if people ever want to hear it.

Anywho - we are all set now Yoder - I hear you played a role in the conspiracy - LOL

19. YODA

Yep - I was a co-conspirator :Angel:

20. dojangwarrior

dojangwarrior New Member

security advisor....I live in southern NH too and take tkd. The school I attend teaches tkd and hapkido as well. I stay away from the hapkido-seems really hard on the joints. How long have you been studying it?