Ankle Weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by WindyPhilosoph, Feb 28, 2008.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

So this means you won't be posting a video your workout?

A waffle by any other name is a waffle all the same kiddies.
    :D

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I'll do it. Again!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHkYNHTU1XE"]YouTube- IMG_0216.MOV[/ame]

Is it me or is it getting warm in here?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

I'm not offended, Moi, but that doesn't really make any sense to me.

I will be the first to admit that I don't know even half of what a lot of people here know. However, there are certain things that I know more about then others. Flexibility training, for example. I'm by no means an expert, but I've read and learned a lot about it. I've studied it a lot. My mind is open, but my own experience and research should not be put aside simply because I'm 16. ;)

You don't have to be Chuck Norris to throw a decent roundhouse kick, right? Give credit where credit is due, even to the less then perfect (me).

airweaver - I do not think anyone is denying that developing static-active flexibility is a good idea (at least, I assume not, but nobody has commented on my other post :bang: ), however, your insulting and arrogant attitude has prompted them to become very aggressive and bring out the flamethrowers:

[​IMG]

Try to back out of this with grace and any small bits of dignity you have left. Above all:

[​IMG]

Because I can tell you from personal experience, we ALL make mistakes. Live and learn, make mistakes, correct them, and keep moving forward. What makes the great people of history great is not that they did not make mistakes, but that they recognized them and improved because of them! :cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Props for the Halo pic as well as the post. You're a credit to 16 (nearly 17) year kids everywhere.

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Been having a bad day.
    Remembered this thread (and moi's bin)
    Had a read to cheer myself up.

6. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Speaking as someone who use to wear ankle weights constantly, they're great for walking around and such. But kicking? Let me put it this way: I'm twenty two and my knees shot.

7. slipthejab

Uh... so you're 22 years old and your knees are shot but ankle weights are great for walking around? :rolleyes:

What praytell is the point of walking around with ankle weights. It would seem to me that you might want to start looking at the correlation between wearing ankle weights to walk around and having shot knees at 22.

:bang:

8. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Twas not the walking which killed my knees. It was all the kicking during Tang Soo Do practice did it.

9. slipthejab

hmmm... My money says that walking around with ankle weights on didn't help your situation any. I'm curious what you think the benefit of walking around with ankle weights on is?

10. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Honestly? I had no idea. I was a young, dumb teenager. It's not something I do anymore. Couldn't even if I wanted to. Boots don't really accommodate ankle weights. XD

11. Patrick Smith

Yeah, walking with ankle weights had negative effects on your walking pattern and other stuff, but I agree that it wasn't the cause of your knee's being shot.

Don't kick with ankle weights. It's probably fine under very specific conditions but so far very people have been able to get those conditions right and I've never seen it purposely done. If you're doing a decent strength and conditioning routine, you probably don't need ankle weights to kick fast or strongly! If you practice all your techniques in a variety of ways (heavy bag, air, half-reps, etc) then you should be just fine ;)

12. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Oh trust me, that's the way it's being done now. XD Back then, I just watched too much Dragonball Z.

13. Patrick Smith

Can't blame you, mate ;) :cool: