american kickboxing

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by murphyg, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

OOPS!!! You know, sarcasaim works better with the addition of Smilies. :rolleyes: :D

2. Yup, like with like (eg: sarcasm to reply to sdarcasm :rolleyes)

:Angel:

3. Sure is :p

It may aswell be called English kickboxing - you got it first but a ring was used in England and it's still being done here now!

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

For the record, I'm one of you guys actually. Born in Northamptonshire. :)

5. How come you moved then? You could have been with the PKA now. Think about what you've wasted :p;)

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

:)

My father worked for an American company. They closed up shop in England and moved us all over here.

7. Fair enough. ;)

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I suppose. Means I had to wait an extra couple of months to see Shaun of the Dead though. :D

9. And that you couldn't be with the PKA :) Ok, I'll shut up about it now :) What a great way to boost post counts that was, eh? ;):p I was on 65 before today now it's at 74!!!

See ya around

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

So many opportunities lost. Still, in England we didn't have an electric garage door opener. Here, we did. The choice is obvious. :)

11. And what relevance does this have to kickboxing? Some people! :p Nah only kidding :Angel:

You can get the electric garage door things in England, so it's not too late :p

Nordic, who is the association that offer the Amerian Kickboxing system?

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

None whatsoever. :)

Signing off.

Stuart

13. Lol don't take it so badly :Angel:

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

15. Athleng Nordic

Norm, I don't understand your question. Do you want to know who I study under or the he teaches?

16. Basically in kickboxing there are federations such as PKA, IKF etc. Boxing has the WBO, IBF etc.

You have the offer of learning American Kickboxing right? Do you happen to know which organisation they belong to (PKA, ISKA etc)? If not, not a problem I just wondered.

Thanks.

17. Athleng Nordic

Got it. Right off hand I do not know. I can find out though.

18. Ok - the organisation depends on what type of American KB you will do (Yes, just to confuse you there are more types of AKB :))

Some will do more light continuous, some more full contact and others will do both.

EDIT: I think I'm confusing you with MurpheyG - Same question to you mate :) Names, honestly.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  19. Athleng Nordic

What's in a name?!?? :D

20. Letters ? :eek: :p :Angel: