America Is A Parody Of Itself

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by David Harrison, Aug 5, 2016.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Saw this and just couldn't believe it. It's something I would expect to see in a sketch show.

Mind blown.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-VfFi6Z14Q"]Big Guns - YouTube[/ame]

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Ha!

It's like something you'd see in a dystopian, near future, sci-fi flick!

"I'd buy that for a dollar"

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

God, I love America

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I live in a town of maybe a couple thousand people. There's a lawn service business that operates out of it that's called "Van Zandt's Lawn Care." What are the chances of that man? Quit stalking me.

Nope. That wasn't off topic at all xD

5. Crucio

Crucio Valued Member

If you only leave the Video and dub with some arab talk you could make some decent ISIS propaganda video.

6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

As an aside, few things are more disappointing than the actual sound of a firing minigun.

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

AMERICA!

never been so proud.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

this is what i'm talking about. the trump rally i'm going to next.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDafZK0EVc0"]Big Guns Destroys Bounty Hole - YouTube[/ame]

america!

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That campaign video (opening post) is over the top. :jawdrop: You're right.

10. Adrastia

Adrastia Valued Member

David

You've met a part of american political reality; read more

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_0ea3bfa2-e340-56b6-8706-78acbc1d793d.html

https://ericgreitens.com/

He is the Republican nominee for Governor in Missouri. Really. No, really.

My worry? Sane people are focusing on Trump's defeat. Republicans are facing fact the he may lose but are focusing on 'down-ballot' races like this one and asking GOP voters to skip Trump and vote for these. Hold the Seante and House is their mantra. Add GOP governors and hold the states we have.

It can happen.

w/respect A

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  11. Adrastia

Adrastia Valued Member

(spelling/grammar corrected)

David

You've met a part of american political reality. Read more:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...cbc1d793d.html

https://ericgreitens.com/

He is the Republican nominee for Governor in Missouri. Really. No, really.

My worry? Sane people are focusing on Trump's defeat. Republicans are facing the fact that he may lose but are focusing on 'down-ballot' races like this one and asking GOP voters to skip Trump and vote for these. Hold the Seante and House is their mantra. Add GOP governors and hold the states we have.

It can happen.

w/respect, A

12. The Iron Fist

The Iron Fist Banned Banned

He was a United States Navy SEAL. Nothing to see here really, he's just running on his own laurels, so to speak :D

Weird, but funny and hey America accepts all kinds, and especially for leadership positions when they are retired naval commandos. I would vote for him first for his brains, and again if I could for those biceps. LOL these campaign videos are genius.

It is also worth noting Mr. Greitens is not a huge fan of Mr. Trump, and he's a relatively moderate Republican, which makes these videos even funnier and ironic to me.

This isn't just any sketch comedy, this is certainly 'Pythonesque' quality!! :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf2Gai1uQYM"]Eric Greitens: Taking Aim - YouTube[/ame]

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It's actually a top secret MI6 safe house. The Brits are taking over. And maintaining immaculate lawns while we do it.

14. David Harrison

I was watching that wondering why you'd posted it, then the guy starts giving the analogy about how the government is like a monster truck and... just wow :wow:

15. David Harrison

I hear that some other ex-SEAL's are speaking out against him, because he's been cashing in on his 2 1/2 years in the SEAL's for 12 years now, and apparently part of the oath is not to advertise or profit from your service.

He's selling "ISIS Hunting Permits" for $10 and a sticker apparently signed by the guy who killed Bin Laden for $100.

[​IMG]

16. The Iron Fist

Well the "American Sniper" and his estate sure profited to the tune of millions, and everybody hailed him as a hero. Jesse Ventura profited. And so on. But those SEALs sold books and movies. I don't think Greitens is trying to profit at all by selling $10 campaign bumper stickers...and I would personally pay $100 for anything signed by the SEAL who shot OBL. If it's legit, that thing will be worth serious money some day (just the collector in me speaking, who cares about the ethics of bumper stickers, really).

I'd like to see the source about the "other ex-SEALS" because that may be falsehood being peddled online. Apparently there was an "anonymous" internet video questioning his SEAL service, which was later traced back to one of his political opponents he just defeated, John Brunner, who not only attempted the "Swift Boat" style attack against his SEAL credentials in an attempt to sour his election chances, but also falsely claimed Greitens was supported by people owning sex slaves, something Greitens sued him for defamation over.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_0ea3bfa2-e340-56b6-8706-78acbc1d793d.html

These permits, which are as lighthearted and "nontroversial" as the campaign videos, are being used to fund his campaign and spread awareness. Good for him. Who doesn't want to hunt and kill ISIS?

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Maybe people who believe hunting and killing isn't the solution.

18. The Iron Fist

If we avoid the "Swift Boat" style accusations (which make me ill by the way, when veterans are used by politicians to tarnish the reputations of other veterans like Eric Greitens or John Kerry), we can find plenty of military support for Greitens.

Greitens "served four tours of duty, including in Iraq and Afghanistan. He received the Combat Action Ribbon, the Purple Heart, and the Bronze Star for his service in Fallujah, Iraq. "

When any veteran has to put together this kind of video, JUST to counter anonymous online attacks from his POLITICAL enemies (I won't discount the intentions of any actual veterans, to each his own), it's pretty sad. No veteran should have to withstand such an attack. It doesn't surprise me Greitens is doubling down on his service record...apparently, he's got a pretty damn good one.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5baUqF00hSo"]Eric Greitens: Here's the Truth - YouTube[/ame]

19. The Iron Fist

Well I'm open to hearing suggestions for how to solve the problem of a huge terrorist army of murderers that doesn't involve hunting them down and destroying them. Capturing them all won't work out, and they are deaf to peace and love. They will gladly die today in order to murder your non-combatant loved ones. So I think it's naive to believe there is any solution aside from search and destroy, in this particular case. I wouldn't say that about any old organization, by Da'esh is a little different, Simon. They would gladly murder your whole town, if they could, women, children, innocents. You could never sue for peace with such an entity. Hunting them down now, and destroying them before they can, is clearly a winning strategy. Whether or not we actually can destroy ISIS is the bigger question. OF course there are other parts the strategy...financial, religious, public perception..but the nuts and bolts of defeating ISIS will still come down to blowing them to bits, like the Dallas SWAT did to the sniper, but on a larger scale.

But choosing to not fully destroy ISIS (...which I know you are not endorsing but maybe playing devil's advocate (literally)...) that's a strategy that would turn the world into a nightmare, and I'd argue some world leaders including the outgoing Obama Administration, are tiptoeing around this very issue. Nobody wants to be seen as the next 'invader' of the Middle East, but invading the Caliphate and annihilating every last bit of it is the ONLY path to peace, as it relates to the threat of ISIS.

Simply: They will kill until they die, so they must die before they can kill again.

20. David Harrison

That is such a simplistic black-and-white view of the world, and it will lead to the whole planet being in ashes.

Where do you draw the line? Spouses who feel they must be sympathetic? Children who feel they must be obedient? Nephews who feel they must avenge the deaths of their loved ones? Cousins who have had family killed?

Can you see how your attitude is just a mirror image of your enemy's?