alternative healing:crystal therapy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by asylum, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Metal Mulisha?

2. Hannibal

In my Defense I spent a lot if time today arguing about transsexual prostitute ninjas on Facebook and it got pretty heated...this is just a day after a big fat dude offering to fly me out to fight him

True story - as Dean W

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I mean really man, c'mon.

Attached Files:

4. Hannibal

You could rearrange those to spell "Tapout"

#Giacomo
    #Roadhouse

5. Ero-Sennin

Was the #SwagLikeSwayze too much?

Attached Files:

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

As bizarre as the above sounds it is actually true.

Any advice for lightsaber crystals? My Jedi Sentinel will need a new one as it's double XP weekend on Star Wars Online.

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

To get this thread back on topic, what I think people would like to see is some academic evidence that crystal healing is better than a placebo and also a demonstration that you can store energy in crystals for later use. The issue with these sorts of claims is that they sound like they have essentially just been made up by someone looking to sell some pretty rocks years ago and then handed down as fact without anyone ever testing them, using solid scientific protocols.

Hence the negative responses.

8. asylum

asylum New Member

HE??? Do you really think a guy could start an argument THIS funny?:-D

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the guy is doing a bong sau. this is proof that wing chun users shouldn't use a bong while fighting.

on a more on-topic note: define energy.

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

So how does it work?

What "energy" is stored?
    How is it transmitted?
    How is it drawn upon?
    What does this vibration frequency have to do with meditation and how does it interact with the person?
    What is the process at work?

How was all of the above discovered?

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ahh, that is what I already thought. You are trolling and admitting it then?

I have known people who work with crystals. They aren't the type to use a skull as an avatar. That was a dead giveaway. (Pun intended.)

BTW, I thought it was pretty transparant and really not that funny. Troll job = 3 out of 10. I'll give you three points because it did get a rise out of some people.

I am actually not opposed to the idea that crystals have some inherent properties that can be used for healing or other things, although I also believe the new age crowd overstates these properties a lot. It can't be proven by modern science. I don't expect the crowd here to believe it and I wouldn't even attempt to make anyone believe otherwise. I am personally just not completely opposed to the concept.

Attached Files:

12. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I spent all my money on crystals and the only energy I felt transmitted was when the missus tossed a few at my head.

Second pun intended? Transparent crystal and all that, hyuk, hyuk, hyuk.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  13. Ero-Sennin

A rise? Au contraire, I just like joking around and this gave me an opportunity. :p

Can't say the same for the Tapout wearers though. I can see the use of crystals/rocks making them feel like their manhood is being challenged. :)p)

I like cool looking rocks/crystals though. I always find things that have an aesthetic appeal like that to be a strange thing. Out of all the things that invoke a "that's pretty cool, I want to hold it" feeling . . . . a friggen rock. Far stretch going from that to doing whatever to your "energy" though.

14. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Actually, aaradia, what asylum is referring to is the use of the pronoun 'he': apparently, she is female.

Okay, carry on, people. Oh, and play nicely.

15. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Actually dihydrogen monoxide crystals are very good at reducing swelling. :)

16. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

And iodine crystal should not be mixed with ammonia and left to dry

And some people actually get addicted to crystal...crystal meth

And Superman's crystal made his crystal palace

But I like these Crystals;

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  17. asylum

asylum New Member

Trolling????!!! You've lost me with that one..thanks for the 'points' though it's always 'nice' to know i've got a target to beat

18. asylum

asylum New Member

Thank you! & you're bang on target with that observation I was refering to the fact i'm not a guy...

19. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

If crystal therapy worked, doctors would prescribe it. by doctors I mean medical doctors not witch doctors.

20. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I think there is a link between your belief in crystal therapy, and your choice of user-name..