Aloha!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Noomi, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Noomi

Noomi Valued Member

Hello everyone, my name is Noomi (not really, but call me that anyway) and I was looking around for a martial arts forum to join, and came across this one.

I have been training in karate for three and a half years now and have recently graded to my red belt. I am very proud of how far I have come, as I had zero confidence when I started, and now I may actually be able to defend myself if need be.

I do train with GKR, and I imagine that many here have heard stories about my club, well, I don't want to hear them here. I love my Sensei's dearly, they have taught me so much, and I have come out of my shell and learned to stand up for myself because of them. I respect that other clubs may do things a little differently, but I love my club because of all the amazing people I have met, and the fact that my Sensei's listen to me, and offer assistance whenever I require it.

I currently train five days a week - this is only because there are five classes per week, but with the coming addition of a Monday night class, I will be training six times a week. Lets just say I am hooked. I have managed to lose 18 kilos through training hard, and couldn't imagine going back to that overweight, unfit girl I used to be three years ago.

So hello to all, and I hope we can be mates. :)

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

3. Noomi

Noomi Valued Member

Hello! :) Nice to meet you, FOD.

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

Not a fan of GKR but good to hear you have lost weight and improved your confidence! MAP's a friendly bunch so you will fit right in.

Cheers

Dan

5. Noomi

Noomi Valued Member

Hi Dan!

I have already found one thread here regarding my club and while I do not agree with what is being said (although some points I can understand the point of view given) I have no desire to cause arguments.

At least for tonight, anyway. ;)

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Its all good! If you are enjoying it and its getting you active thats the main thing IMO.

Enjoy your stay.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty much.

Welcome to MAP.

9. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Welcome , keep up the good work :)

10. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome!

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Whilst it is true, that you if you care to look, will indeed find a few threads and posts about these pages, relating to peoples dislike of GKR's practices and the such, I honestly believe that you will find many more positive posts about enjoying your training, liking the people you train with and generally having a good rapport with you club...

...So on that not, Welcome to MAP Noomi...! :-D

Regards

Travess

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You dropped this "e"

14. StrikingDragon

StrikingDragon Valued Member

No idea what GKR is so you are cool to me! Where does red belt fit in you ranking system?

15. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Duly not_d :)

Travess

16. Noomi

Noomi Valued Member

Next belt is brown, then black. :) I grade to brown, then grade twice more on the same belt. Should take me about four or so years to reach black. Maybe less, seeing I train a lot.

Thanks for the kind welcome, guys! :Angel: