Almost Done!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Mangosteen, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Zaad, I'm not sure what level of stats undergrads do nowadays (in my day, it was rubbish), but learning to use 'R' would be a good starting point. A lot of biology folks are using it for their data analysis rather than programmes like Excel or SPSS.

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Unfortunately I didn't get to learn R because of module options even though it was available.
    I wanted to learn R or python, I'm gonna look for some certs.

3. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Just a heads up, maybe look into courses abroad. Don't know how it works with your field but throughout continental Europe they tend to take much better care of their graduate students, financially and otherwise, than the U.K. does.

Plus having the experience of living in another country and working with different people can often be a boon for employers.

Otherwise, congratulations dude! I'm a month and a half away from finishing mine so I envy you!

4. Mangosteen

Sweden and the like?
    They have much more interesting degrees and food in the rest of Europe.
    I've got the international living and working experience bit down already.

Good luck!i glad it's over but kind of sad too.

5. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Yeah, the moment after finishing your undergrad can be a bit of a downer.

Sweden has been really good to me, all I need to look after is my living costs, though I don't know if I can recommend the food as it's so terrifyingly bland and healthy! Though the last winter was something else...

Are you looking for short term employment at the moment, or something you can settle down into?

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sports medicine will put hairs on your chest and make women fall at your feet.

Or so I was led to believe.

:cry:

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

So it's free to study there for foreign students? It is here (Finland) but I think they are going to change it soon.

9. Mangosteen