Alex Reid vs Tom Watson predictions

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Van Zandt, Sep 24, 2010.

?

Who will win?

1. Alex Reid

16.7%
  2. Tom Watson

83.3%
  1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Fight is tomorrow. Predictions?

I believe Watson will batter Reid.

2. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

the amount of attention this is getting amongst mma fans and practitioners in the uk over what could possibly be one of the greatest of all times last ever fight, sakuraba, which is happening on the same day is ridiculous, Dream 16 set to be the best yet should be getting the attention as the big "other" pay per view happening on the UFC 119 night not this,im not having a go at this thread its a current subject so why not post about it just a rant about this situation.

as to the fight I don't read OK magazine so I don't really care it will be the worst fight on the card, I don't really need to explain what the problem is with alex reid, watsons fight at the last bamma was one of the dodgiest decisions/fights iv ever seen and im one step away from saying it was an out right work to make sure he had a belt to take into the reid fight. basically this isn't one even worth debating and is getting far to much attention from the uk mma community in my opinion this isn't even a fight for the fans its a fight for fans of Jordan and gossip mags. just like the last bamma the fights on the rest of the card will be far more entertaining and a far better reflection of the uk mma scene, this hole reid thing has been bad publicity.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think Alex will have too much going on in his head from his missus to give the fight his full attention. There again all that pent up rage might work to his advantage. I think he'll finish in the top two

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm only interested in this because it keeps popping up in the adverts between Sexcetera and EuroTrash on Bravo.

5. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Excuses, excuses :)

Nah I can't stand all the hype that Alex Reid gets as a bonus for the Jordan thing. I've seen his fights - he's crap. They say he's a "kickboxing and muay thai expert". I've seen both his kickboxing and like the 2 amateur low grade thai boxing fights he's had as well. He's CRAAAAAAAPPPPP.

The guy gets my respect for getting in the ring, much as anyone does bt he then takes away from that entirely with all the other shenanigans. Dunno which way the fight'll go but I hope he gets smashed.

6. Moi

You would wonder what you might catch:rolleyes:

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Watson within a minute.

8. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

Alex Reid, seems a pleasant enough person, but i think he is likely to get battered
    the fact is age wise Reid is past his prime, whilst Watson is just shy of his prime age wise
    and is already a known quantity.

(Not to mention, can you imagine the humiliation of losing to Reid)

EDIT:
    @Van Zandt
    you might want to add a poll option

9. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

:jester:

I concur with Master B: respect for getting in the ring in the first place but the guy is cr*p. I'm sure when I looked up him up on Sherdog he'd not won a fight for 5 years or something.

And as others have also said it's getting far, far too much publicity for what will essentially is a pretty unimportant fight. The only good that I can see coming from it is that more casual fans might be attracted to the sport...but having thought that through I'm not sure I want to attend an event in the future surrounded by Heat and OK magazine readers :rolleyes:

10. Moi

Oh I do :)

11. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Well make sure you bring a couple of copies to Fright Night so you don't get bored.:evil:

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Can't say I've noticed.:eek:

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Watson.

It'll be interesting to see the attention this gets. I'm hoping if Reid gets battered six ways from Sunday, the UK media will stop harping on about what a great MMA fighter he is without actually knowing anything about MMA.

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Also, what channel is this on and when?

15. Moi

I quite happy getting drunk with the ring girls thank you. It's my job to look after them during the show :)

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Er... tried. Won't let me now. :confused:

:saz:

17. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

its on bravo at 10pm, think its going to be quite amusing watching 'the Reidernator' get battered.

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sorted :)

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Bravo 10pm tomorrow

I've read about reid's antics after knocking an opponent out (and subsequently being attacked by the guy's dad :p) and I just want to see him get punched into the canvas. Mainly so people who know I'm into mma will stop talking to me about Alex Reid and his "amazing skillz"

I never watched fight of his life so if anyone did how was it?

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Oh, what antics were those? :confused:

His TV show wasn't that bad. Passed the time until the Adult Channel ten minute freeview came on.