Aikido Knee pads?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xue Sheng, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Where can I buy some knee pads for Aikido? My youngest is an Aikidoka and the knee walking is starting to bother her knees a bit, so I thought knee pads.

I was dealing with a company in Japan, thought I found a pair, and I purchased them. The shipping was more than the knee pads, and when I got them, I discovered they were not sold in pairs (something their website failed to mention) so I know have one.

After multiple back and forth e-mails to them, it comes down to them politely telling me they are going to do nothing and I need to deal with it....and then thanking me and asking me to "respectfully understand" (that is a direct quote)......so... I am not dealing with them any longer.

So any place I can get Aikido knee pads that is not in Japan, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what might work?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Volleyball knee pads are ideal, I've used them for BJJ and they're great.

Wrestling knee pads would also work well but they're harder to get, and in less sizes.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Wrestling or Muay Thai knee pads should do the same thing. They're not too hard if you look on amazon or eBay.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I second the recommendation for wrestling knee pads, but check out Bodyprox knee pads on Amazon too.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

No1 in volleyball pads!

Screenshot_20190923-212110.png