Age of practicing tkd students

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by franksv, Oct 5, 2006.

?

Age of TKD players

1. Kids 12 and under

3.8%
  2. Teens 13-19

28.2%
  3. Young Adults 20-39

54.2%
  4. Middle Age 40-59

13.7%
  5. Senoirs 60+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Just curious on the ratio of old vs young tkd players here.

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I'm old, 47.

3. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Being 35,that inspires me.I m still waiting to see if theres any 60+ folks out there cuz I plan to be still kickin at that age :D .

4. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

From 6 to 60, I think the poll will reflect more about MAP than TKD

5. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Thats why I labeled it tkd and put it in the tkd forum.I am hoping mostly tkd people will answer.I know theres 60+ year olds doing tai chi,but a style like tkd at that age is another story.

6. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

TKD Teen (17) enjoyin every minute of it. :D

7. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

And I was talking from a TKD point of view, it is marketed at all ages, and makes allowance for age, 6-60

8. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Im glad you class me as a young adult :D
    Im 35

9. pasusan02

pasusan02 Valued Member

Yeah!

I still make it into the "young adults catagory for another year. Haven't been called a young adult in ages...good for the old ego.

10. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I’m 19 but feel 60, does that count?

Ah hell, I feel like a dirty old man who just happens to be a young woman. How’s that for an identity crisis. :eek:

11. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

I think that there are more kids than adults practicing TKD, but they probably won't post because kids watch TV and play XBOX.

12. ronaldk

ronaldk Valued Member

i'm 18. but generally, all the higher belts are either older or younger than me. the only other 18 year old in my club is a green belt too, and we got promoted the same day...

in any case, they did a hapkido seminar here some months back. 60+ year old master, who's name escapes me atm, 8th dan in TKD, and 7th in hapkido i believe. and he's still built like a tank. that man could give any 25 year old a run for their money.

13. swiftning

swiftning New Member

20 but i see people anywhere from 10 to 40 at my dojang.

14. martinnharvey

martinnharvey Valued Member

I'm mid 40's but my original instructor is still teaching in the West Midlands and he must be well into his 60's now.

Probably still kick my **** as well

15. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Im 16.

16. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

I'm 27, I'm a young adult :eek:

17. stefthewise

stefthewise (Modestly self-titled)

I'm thrilled to hear I'll be classed as a young adult for another 15 years :D

Just in my family alone, those who practise TKD are from different age groups:
    Cousin - 10 years old
    Sister - 14 years old
    Fiance - 22 years old
    Me - 24 years old
    Uncle - 46 (?) years old
    Mum - 49 years old

Still working on my grandmother....
    :)

18. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

15 years, you make me sick :p

19. WalkingThePath

WalkingThePath www.gplus.to/jayboyle

Im 26, soon to be 27, but am thrilled to be a young adult!! Calling myself 'young' in anything seems like a lie now. Trust me, there is no career guaranteed to make you feel old faster than teaching.
    Don't know if it makes any odds, but I trained in a seminar with Grandmaster Kong of the ICTF, and was asked to kick him for demonstration purposes. I think I broke my foot. He's knocking on 70 and is as hard as the proverbial iron nail carrying armour plating. Thats my goal.

20. bluekey88

bluekey88 whimsical in the brainpan

I'm 36 as is my wife. My son is 13 and trains. My daughter is 6 and also trains (she's a little hellion in the ring :) ). We've also got my new foster son training. He's 10 and has some developmental disability issues...but really loves it.

Peace,
    Erik