AFFORDABLE FMA CLUB in MANILA/RIZAL

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Sep 8, 2004.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

:confused: mga kasama, patulong po, baka may mai-refer kayo affordable club near my workplace, makati o sa hometown ko in Antipolo. I really would like to learn Arnis/Kali & other weapons in FMA. I found other clubs, but it seems that only guys w/ nice salary can afford eh.. heheh

tnx po in advance :eek:

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Try looking around Rizel Park on a Sunday, a few clubs train in the park on Sunday's. And I am sure a few Pinoy's on this site can point you in the right direction.

3. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Please make all your in english

thanks

4. Peter

Peter Valued Member

Hi Pinoy

Master Yuli Romo of Kali Ilustrisimo teaches in the Manila area, and his Sunday classes are about 100 pesos for 3 to 4 hours. If you are interested, let me know and I'll PM you his details.

Also, Master Roberto 'Bert' Labaniego teaches the Lightning Scientific Arnis system in the area. I'm not sure of his local fees, but he is very popular with the less rich members of society. Again, if you are interested, I'll PM details of his contact, Orly Junio.

Good luck in your search for a quality instructor.

Peter

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

kaibigan pinoy, saan ka sa makati? saan ka sa antipolo? ano ang "afordable sa iyo? translated: "friend pinoy, where are you at in makati? where are you near in antipolo? what is affordable for you?"

please pm me. i'll try to find you a place to train.

gumagalang,

s

6. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

thanks for the translation Shootdog

I've enough trouble with english sometimes :)

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

actually, rizal park is far from rizal province. makati is roughly 2 hours away (with traffic) from rizal (luneta) park in manila bayside.

is this at tatang's old port area location?

LSAI in manila or antipolo or makati? juramentado should get in touch with you so that he can update his fma in manila directory.

anytime! :D

btw, kali de leon has a makati venue. pm me for details. :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  8. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

tsong, you could also try going to the quezon city circle on weekends. 2 rides away from antipolo =)
    i've seen several groups and classes there so you might have the chance to know each one and compare their prices.
    also, you could go to quiapo near raon. Guro Ernesto, "Jun-Jun" Presas, Jr. has a school(4th floor) for Modern Arnis de Mano there. it's just a PVP Bus away from makati and a G-liner bus away from antipolo.
    i'm also working at makati, pm me if you would need any help. :D

9. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

:) maraming salamat po sa lahat sa pag reply sa aking query, i have PM'd others concerning details on the clubs they have suggested.

thanks & hope to hear from u sirs again :eek:

10. david f

david f New Member

In Marikina Sports Centre, GM Vicente Sanchez teaches sunday mornings for several hours. He also has some student out near Antipolo who have been training Lightning Scientific Arnis with him for years.