advice on the large asian man

Discussion in 'MMA' started by totality, Sep 20, 2003.

1. totality

totality New Member

hmm...i have a mma match set up in approximately 19 hours or so, was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

my opponent has no real fighting style, or previous training, or strategy most likely...his main advantage is the approximate 100 lb. weight advantage, and a ridiculously high pain threshold as a result of drug use. any help?

lol, j/k, i'll win. naturally. but i would like to hear what all of you have to say about larger opponents like this one. oh, and predictions and/or bets are acceptable also :)

my guess is that i'll win approximately 3 and a half minutes into the 1st round, probably a triangle from the guard. yup.

and i'd like to apologize for this post, also. i don't know why.

2. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

knee him on his jewels!!!

3. totality

totality New Member

ehh, against our rules...and hitting to the face (braces) so that's out of the picture...

4. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

i was kidding. haha. who are you fighting? your friend???

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Just do what you can, and do what you need to. Don't go in thinking of a way to beat him.

6. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

100 lbs of what? If its fat, keep him moving after you & he'll wear down quick

PS: Hope you had a happy-birthday yesterday Hakko

Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  7. totality

totality New Member

yeah...we do this every weekend, and since no one else has beaten me yet, i'm now a...**shudders** heavyweight...at 143 pounds.

thanks ving tsun. but i think i'll just go ahead and beat him. ;)

8. xubis

xubis New Member

How do you decide who wins anyway? Just when the other person bleeds to death? ;)

9. totality

totality New Member

no, this is mma! we have rules. and i won.

yes, i beat my giant asian man!

mata leao after about 1:48
    :D
    although...i did almost go to the hospital because i of some strange pains in my neck

10. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

haha the same stuff me and my friends do but no schedules.

11. totality

totality New Member

do you guys all weigh about the same?

because now i understand the need for weight classes...never again will i borrow 50 pounds from my opponent in order to both be heavyweights!

12. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

huh?...how'd the match go?

13. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

we usually are the same but i have a friend whos like 250 that can throw his weight good.

14. totality

totality New Member

it went pretty well, but it was really frightening. he ran at me like a crazed baboon, and i kicked him in the stomach a couple of times before getting punched out of the ring. then, a bit of back and forth striking, and he tried for a huge right hook. i dodged it, got behind him, and tried to apply mata leao. unfortunately...sam has the largest head i have ever seen! so after a while of him flipping me around, i finally locked it, and he started to lose energy, falling to his knees, and then i had his back completely. game, set, and match.