Advice on How to Spot Bad WMA Budo

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Louie, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

That would be Mars, y'know. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

The Hamster worships mars by comsuming his essence in bar form every day. The last time I was in his fridge there was an entire box of these "mars" bars. I reckon he uses them as some super turbo boost before freeplay.

The Bear.

3. RAbid Hamster

RAbid Hamster Herr Trubelmacher

Not true o exaggerating bear, it was a box of Galaxy bars ............ and the crisper was full of 50 fun sized mars bars - the other crisper being full of beer! :love:

Oh course it depends on what pantheon were talking about ... Mars is Roman but there are a few more....

Gods and Goddesses of War

... about 86 more and I hope every one of them has it in for these two muppets!

4. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I agree to all said in this thread :)
    I think the tough thing for an instructor is to keep the "awareness" (to use a bullshido-phrase) in he's lessons, but at the same time beeing able to see when students are ready for it.

I think a GOOD INSTRUCTOR is the one that conducts hard sessions with a lot of intent and resisteing opponents, but trained in a secure environment where real injuries are kept to a minimum.

How long would an UFC / pride-fighter-instructor keep his job if he injured his students so frequently that they couldn't participate in any tournaments?

-at the same time; how unresponsibly wouldn't it bee if an instructor declared a student "ready for a tournament" without knowing what he was going to face?

For us, this isn't about the real thing (as opposed to pride-fighting), but I still think that I as an instructor should try to instruct by the credo I mention above.

Additionaly, you have the factor about the student who is only into it for the academical perspective. I don't know about you guys, but I live in a country with less inhabitants than your averidge towns, so when I get a student, I want to keep him. So in addition to my above stated two factors, I have to live with the third factor; keeping the student interrested and giving individually adapted lessons so that the student doesn't quit :rolleyes: