Adding an 'X vs Y' section.

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Hazmatac, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Hazmatac

Hazmatac Valued Member

I was thinking. I have asked a lot of questions in regard to X vs Y (style vs style and one fighter vs fighter thread). These seem to come up a lot on this site. Why not make an official X vs Y section, possibly having it be a subsection in the 'Questions and Answers' Section? Also, why not put a sticky about the common objections for this kind of thinking, and the virtues?

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Thanks for the suggestion. That subject does come up a lot, but given the usual answer is "irrelevant" or "it depends", it's probably not something that we really want to add a completely new section for, at least not at this time.

3. Hazmatac

Hazmatac Valued Member

That is understandable. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking: you agree that it comes up a lot, and there is (often) a universal answer for it. Perhaps it is a good idea to post a sticky purely for why a style-vs-style question is not relevant to ask, or unanswerable?

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think there have been. But the lure of X vs. Y threads is strong. And attempts to dissuade them are usually ignored.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Having a seperate section for 'X v Y' threads sounds like a good way to quarantine them, so that they can be easily avoided by most members! :D

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Especially when YOU start them! :)