Adam Mizner?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by EmptyHandGuy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

The first 30 seconds are wrapped around Joe Rogan basically being skeptical out loud. What is wrapped around Joe Rogan is a bunch of fingertip Qi magic nonsense. Two demonstrations that had to appear laughable to people who train to fight for real.

After 30 seconds, the fake Morgan Freeman voice actor chimes in to give the video some sort of creedence. The video isn't that long, what else would you like to know is fake? Did you watch the whole "MMA takedown" video, that was pretty fake too.

axelb likes this.
  2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Actually. I believe that is actually Morgan Freeman...as for the rest...I'm still not a fan of Mizner

Note: Nope, strike that, just did a bit of research and you might be right...its a fake Morgan Freeman

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Grond likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

This is interesting....

David Harrison likes this.
  4. windwalker

windwalker Member

Are you saying this is not correct ?

"Power of Chi The Movie with Morgan Freeman
    1,976 views May 11, 2022 An interactive Social Documentary on the ancient art and power of Chi as narrated by Morgan Freeman"

Morgan Freeman, didn't do the narration ?

Wondering if anyone here understands what libel is and the law....

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Correct. It's fake.

It doesn't appear anywhere in Morgan Freeman's portfolio. The voice even sounds fake, it's probably synthesized.

Not that it matters, the Tai Chi shown in these videos is a detriment to the art. Any newbie in Tai Chi could pick that up. Especially the fake finger Qi nonsense.

6. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

I don’t know who these guys are, but I guess they are famous? “Legit”?

For taking part in this fiasco, do they also deserve our scorn and ridicule? Or just Mizner?

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Probably but as professional entertainers and athletes they probably thought it was an acting job they do them from time to time lol

Out of interest what is this guy's lineage it seems hard to track down

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's a tricky one to answer. Depends how in on the con they are, how much money they got paid to be involved, how willing to be stooges they were, etc.
    Just because someone is "legit" doesn't mean they aren't prone to being fooled or tricked. The easiest person to fool is yourself after all.
    For example the people fooled by "Project Alpha". Were they legit?

Project Alpha - Wikipedia

Should we ridicule someone for falling for the tricks of a medium who's using cold reading?
    Someone caught in an online scam?

Personally the initial scorn and ridicule should always be for the people clearly involved in, perpetuating and benefiting from, the scam...if it then transpires there were others involved, who seemed innocent but were part of it (someone planted in the audience or play acting for example), then they get ridicule and scorn too.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ironically saying someone narrated something when they didn't could be a lot more libelous than saying they weren't involved in something they had actually done.
    I'm with Grond. That sounded like someone who sounded like, or was pretending to be, Morgan Freeman. Rather than your actual Morgan Freeman.
    That said it wouldn't surprise me if it was Freeman either.
    Actors will sometimes put their voices or talents to all sorts of rubbish although I feel Freeman's price would probably be too much for a production like that Chi one.

axelb likes this.
  10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think it's quite funny that one of the main images of Freeman used on the Power of chi website is the 6th image that comes up on a google image search...and includes the terrible resolution and compression artifacts you get when you just copy an image off the internet rather than having access to the source image!
    I mean just going to the website where the image is takes you to a better resolution version than the one used on the chi site.
    They must have literally "copy image" from google images and gone from there.
    Probably only had enough money to pay for half a day of Freeman in a sound booth and image rights and usage cost extra?!!

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So theres four options as far as I can see,

1) it's real, possible, but then again that costs a pretty penny, so why would they do this? Maybe YouTube views make more money then we think.

2) It's a deepfake, unlikely, although they are pretty good nowadays: https://storage.googleapis.com/voco...odes_8cb8ba69-2dc6-4a08-9d33-6771ea6bc1b3.wav

3) It's a sound alike - unlikely but possible

4) Its actually Morgan Freeman, but lifted from something else he's done. Again possible, I've not listened to the netire thing, but so far it's all very generic.

My main point is, does it matter, having Morgan Freeman narrate a film, doesn't mean the film is factually correct.

axelb likes this.
  12. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

This is exactly the show I was thinking of watching this thread :D

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I think that's a tad dramatic.

Let's test it:

George Clooney wasn't really in Oceans Eleven, it was a robot.

I'll let you know if I get a call from the lawyers.

axelb likes this.
  14. David Harrison

March of the Penguins was a pack of lies, so his record for attaching himself to legit documentaries isn't good.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  15. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

You mean Shawshank redemption wasn't real?

Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  16. David Harrison

A quick search didn't turn anything up for me on this.

How was he a fraud?

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

[​IMG]

axelb, Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The only couple of things I can think of are his partner was arrested for identity theft (not sure if Randi knew the full picture there) and maybe that he didn't come out as gay earlier in his life?

19. David Harrison

That was very good.

20. David Harrison

Yeah, he went along with identity theft so that he could be with the man he loved (his partner thought the identity belonged to a dead person).

Legally fraud but rather less insidious than the people he debunked, IMHO.